Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lyninbin

Ne1 know which entrance is the main one? Grange road? Also, ne idea whether wellies are needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Light persistent drizzle is all we have had so far, I'm about 20 mins from Marley Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm contemplating an old pair of runners over forking out for a pair of wellies myself, only thing is if the ground is destroyed we likely will be too meaning there's a high chance of refusal from anywhere in town after the gig!

might bring a fresh pair in a bag and just launch the old ones away in to a bush after if it s that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to this gig but unfortunately have to sell my ticket last-minute.

My friends who are going are also curious about the situation with bringing food in, nothing major or anything (most likely a few sandwiches) but it would be a pity if it was taken off them.

I had no problem brings in a two small rolls to AF, wrapped in tin foil, showed them to security and they just waved me in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

s8n wrote: »
    there is a pit for this

There definitely isn't, I mailed festival republic about it.
    Crush barrier but no wristbands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Could just hear them sound checking do I wanna know, knee socks, dont sit down... and brianstorm. Buzzing now! Cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Drinking has begun, because yes I am that immature :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Never been to Marlay park before so wondering will there be people selling those cheap rain ponchos in case it does start raining heavy?

Sitting in the hotel now and forgot to bring a jacket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

anyone selling or know of anyone selling a ticket in Dublin? will pay up to 80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to this gig but unfortunately have to sell my ticket last-minute.

My friends who are going are also curious about the situation with bringing food in, nothing major or anything (most likely a few sandwiches) but it would be a pity if it was taken off them.

is youre ticket still for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Lads, any idea on what the ground is like - I fractured my foot Thursday so I'm on crutches and in a boot? Made the decision to go anyway because I've been so looking forward to it but with the ground I'm wondering should I try offload my tickets last-minute to save myself from potential torture.

Lads, any idea on what the ground is like - I fractured my foot Thursday so I'm on crutches and in a boot? Made the decision to go anyway because I've been so looking forward to it but with the ground I'm wondering should I try offload my tickets last-minute to save myself from potential torture.

I'd say you'd be grand if you stay a bit away from the front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Lads, what a gig. A certain romance acapella, Alex if you're reading this thread (again), <33

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RichTea123

Lads, what a gig. A certain romance acapella, Alex if you're reading this thread (again), <33

I second this! brilliant performance I thought!! No complaints from my side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

So Alex Turner is on boards, A Certain Romance made my night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Did he mention boards.ie or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Can't believe he played it. So so cheeky, and right before one for the road as well.

Miles Kane playing some Rolling Stones went down a treat, and Royal Blood were just fantastic. Thought Jake Bugg lost the crowd a bit but he was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Got absolutely annihilated at the barrier. Really rough crowd where I was, loads of fights and loads of people lining coke on their hands?
    Jake Bugg was visibly thick at the whole thing and finished early. There really should have been a pit, way too many people in front of the crush barrier, the crush ended up being too much, got pulled out before AM even came on.

Have to say though the actual performances were great. Was a bit sick/upset after getting pulled out and got really emotional during certain romance!
    Amazing performances but bad crowd.

• Advertisement

Christ he played A Certain Romance acoustic that was glorious :D

Crowd was mostly alright I thought but as usual some pricks ruining the fun for everyone. One group of lads beside had 4/5 of them literally picking up and throwing one of them at others, one girl got knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Lads, when I seen him come out with the acoustic, I start screaming like a baby..
    I knew it was happening! A little tear shed tbh..
    I was the little kid in the monkey onesie btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Raging I couldn't go! For my own curiosity Did royal blood say anything about coming back on their own? Would love to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Had a great night..Jake Bugg was really good ..Taste It and Lightning Bolt really got the crowd going at the end of his set..and then the buzz when the monkeys came on was brilliant..:)

Lots of beer zombies there but sure i was one of em so feck it:D..(In control beer zombie ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

neddynono wrote:
    Raging I couldn't go! For my own curiosity Did royal blood say anything about coming back on their own? Would love to see them

sorry I missed it too, they're touring around a bit at the moment, think their album comes out around August. they played the workman's a few months back, so I wouldn't say they will be back too soon. that said, I'm sure they'll tour again in support of the album. amazing band!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Anybody else think the sound was a bit sh*t? Especially for the first few songs, could barely make out the lyrics to Do I Wanna Know, and I was close enough to the stage.

Monkeys' performance was fantastic. Acoustic rendition of A Certain Romance definitely the highlight. Loved I Bet You Look Good... and Crying Lightning as well.

The crowd was a bit meh. They all died for My Propeller and seemed to be really into tunes from AM rather than anything else.

Getting back was a real pain, no taxis in sight till Nutgrove Shopping Centre, and at that stage you're competing with thousands of people to get picked up; do not recommend.

Jake Bugg was really good as well.

neddynono wrote: »

They might be on for Electric Picnic because they're playing Rock en Seine the week before.

Anybody else think the sound was a bit sh*t? Especially for the first few songs, could barely make out the lyrics to Do I Wanna Know, and I was close enough to the stage.

Sound was appalling, but hard to expect much from an outdoor gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

The crowd was a bit meh. They all died for My Propeller and seemed to be really into tunes from AM rather than anything else.

Nobody around me knew My Propeller! I was bopping so hard to it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement