Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Royal Blood were class. Best opening act by a distance

Miles Kane was good. Good music good show man I like it

Jake Bugg was pathetic, terrible act just zero energy. The lad might as well have sat down during that excuse for a performance

Arctic Monkeys rocked it, crowd weren't great. Too young and ignorant to have been Monkeys fans since WPSIATWIN. Found myself the only one around singing along to their old stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Really hope Royal Blood play EP . Yea can see the doing Whelans on the next tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Christ he played A Certain Romance acoustic that was glorious :D

I'm still singing it

Jake Bugg was pathetic, terrible act just zero energy. The lad might as well have sat down during that excuse for a performance

Arctic Monkeys rocked it, crowd weren't great. Too young and ignorant to have been Monkeys fans since WPSIATWIN. Found myself the only one around singing along to their old stuff.

I was the same, their fan base seems split between the post AM and pre AM albums

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Really hope Royal Blood play EP . Yea can see the doing Whelans on the next tour

Didnt make it in in time to see them but saw their T in the Park gig from last night..they really are the next big thing..Id say the 02 instead of Whelans:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Great set crowd died for 4 or 5 songs! HHighlights 505 amazing!

3rd gig in Marley and not a issue getting home!

Didnt make it in in time to see them but saw their T in the Park gig from last night..they really are the next big thing..Id say the 02 instead of Whelans:D

Ha im just after watching them from TITP there too . I usually ignore NME's ones to watch since usually they are some generic indie band , But they were spot on with those lads(and imo George Ezra) . Had to miss their Workmans gig but fingers crossed i dont miss their next gig over here

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Jake..his set started well..the crowd were def up for it..U are right it went downhill for a while..all he needs to do is smile a bit more:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I liked Jake Bugg. I think he has a lot of potential to be huge!

AM's set list wasn't great although I enjoyed it a lot overall! :D

For future marlay part gigs they really need to sort out transport though! Was trying to halo a taxi for hours and I then just decided to sit in a pub for a while till one become free. A Dublin bus system like slane would be great!

The lad Bugg has decent songs but absolutely no stage presence or attitude. He walks around like a zombie with not even a change of expression on his face. Its like he couldn't be arsed to be there, And honestly I couldn't be arsed to see him ever again.

• Advertisement

I liked Jake Bugg. I think he has a lot of potential to be huge!

AM's set list wasn't great although I enjoyed it a lot overall! :D

For future marlay part gigs they really need to sort out transport though! Was trying to halo a taxi for hours and I then just decided to sit in a pub for a while till one become free. A Dublin bus system like slane would be great!

Marathon Travel were available

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭NightOfTheHunt

Is the set list from tonight online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

absolute knackerfest and the sound was horrendous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Marathon Travel were available

Yeah but I kinda forgot I was going until yesterday so I couldn't book on :pac: got a lift home in the end so it was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭riskshamam

That crush was insane, especially while waiting for AM to come on. I was 3-4 rows back and had absolutely no space whatsoever. Every time the crowd pushed forward we were nearly flattened. Intensely hot and tiring to struggle against a huge crowd surging this way and that for 45 minutes. In the end I let myself drift back a little and ended up with a pretty good view for AM. Reaallly enjoyed it after that and Alex's inclusion of a certain romance was lovely. Great concert altogether.

There was one particularly nasty crowd member nearby me during Jake bugg. We were up the front and some lads nearby were attempting to pass a ticket to the security guard for their friend or something (not sure of details but they were desperate not to have to lose their hard earned place up the front). So they asked this nasty fella to call the security for them and he refused. Eventually they got the security's attention but Anyway the security guard says there's nothing he can do which is fair enough. He then hands it back. And this dick of a guy grabs it and ****s it into the crowd. That ticket cost someone 70 euro and he ****s it into the crowd because he didn't want other people to get to see AM up close. Anyway I think they recovered the ticket but still I was disgusted with that behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yeah there was this guy near me who kept shoving his way forward while shouting "fùcks sake who's pushing I can't breathe" but you could see what he was at (and yes he ended up at the barrier). He elbowed me in the face so I had a bit of a go at him, another girl absolutely lost it at him because he started inviting all his friends to follow him up - after jake bugg when everyone couldn't breathe as it was.
    Actually a girl had a panic attack behind us and passed out so people were all helping to get her up to the front and the guy wouldn't move for her!!! He shouts out "ah dont mind her she's probably pregnant she looks like a slut". :confused::confused:

But yeah, there really, REALLY should have been a pit. Security lads were saying it themselves it was the worst theyve seen so far this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

These gigs actually need a pit. That was carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Thought it was a brilliant concert. We were about half way back so we had no crush, really enjoyed it.
    Marathon coaches were excellent, left Dublin at 3 and was standing by the stage at 4.
    Practically non existent bar queues was a bonus too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

The gig itself was brilliant, thought the band were on top form and cool to see some changes to the set.

I was standing beside the sound/light stage so it wasn't too packed around there.

The situation with the toilets (on the right facing away from the stage) was dangerous, most people entering and exiting the same way, it's an accident waiting to happen. Similar situation with people heading for the Grange road exit. These are simple things to arrange but seem to be persistent problems at these gigs.

I think allot of the crowd there were not genuine Arctic Monkeys fan. Allot of young people just out for the day to drink and act the eejit. I had thought that the knackers and scumbags would flock to Macklemore and leave us music lovers alone. But there were plenty around.

The ridiculous amount of drink on sale contributed to the chaos. Nothing but Heineken bars all along the perimeter, With the very odd merch stall and chip van.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

I had thought that the knackers and scumbags would flock to Macklemore and leave us music lovers alone.

Making the assumption that people who like Macklemore don't love music but Arctic Monkeys fans do. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The ridiculous amount of drink on sale contributed to the chaos. Nothing but Heineken bars all along the perimeter, With the very odd merch stall and chip van.

That was one of the only good things admit the organisation, no big bar ques

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

It was a great gig somewhat spoiled by some of the crowd, especially the idiots throwing half empty plastic cups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Drake66 wrote: »
    It was a great gig somewhat spoiled by some of the crowd, especially the idiots throwing half empty plastic cups

I saw some pricks throw full cups of water as well as some half pints of heinekin

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

Excuse my outdoor gig ignorance but what does a pit entail??

I saw some pricks throw full cups of water as well as some half pints of heinekin

Hopefully it was just water and Heineken as I seen a guy pissing in a pint glass.

Hibernia93 wrote: »
    Excuse my outdoor gig ignorance but what does a pit entail??

An area at the front separated from the main area by a barrier, you usually have to get there early to get a pit pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

I was up near the barrier, a few rough people but nothing too bad. The usual idiots throwing water cups, and I saw something being thrown past Jake Bugg when he was playing. On the way out, the amount of drunk pikeys singing was unreal, glad they stayed near the back for the most part. Fell a bit squishy at the front and a fair amount of shoving. Crowd died a little for certain songs like Library Pictures, Fireside, Knee socks, crying lightning, etc. Really happy Alex played A Certain Romance on his own.
    Never heard the support acts before yesterday but they were really really good, I didn't mind if Jake didn't interact much with the crowd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement