Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I think I'll go, but won't be able to buy tickets at 9am tomorrow. Are we expecting to sell out tomorrow? I was hoping to pick up tickets over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

siblers wrote: »
    Last time I saw AM was at The Ambassador supporting Maximo Park before their debut album even came out. They were brilliant that night, i'm sure other people from here were at it.

Story Jim Carroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

they sold out finsbury park fairly sharpish, twice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

D.Q wrote: »
    they sold out finsbury park fairly sharpish, twice.

Yea but they are also bigger in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yea but they are also bigger in the UK

i dunno, everyone I've talked to seems to be getting tickets tomorrow, maybe they are just huge in wicklow haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

BubbaM wrote: »
    Having seen Arctic Monkeys a fair few times and Jake Bugg in November, I think the price is spot on. Also believe that this could sell out a lot quicker than you may think as AM are a lot more popular than Arcade Fire!

Agreed, I think the ticket price is very fair compared to some of the rip off events held here each year!! Great line-up.

Really looking forward to this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Only finding out about this. Love Arctic Monkeys. And it's near my house. Yay! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I hope the early demand won't be too high. If it's anything like Garth Brooks. I won't get tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

Anyone know if children are allowed at these outdoor gigs?? Accompanied by an adult of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat_layday

will tickets sell out right away do you think? i don't know if i'll be able to get them in the morning, if anything early afternoon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Anyone know if children are allowed at these outdoor gigs?? Accompanied by an adult of course!

No children under 5 and under 16's to be accompanied by an adult.
    cat_layday wrote: »
    will tickets sell out right away do you think? i don't know if i'll be able to get them in the morning, if anything early afternoon..

Depends on the capacity but I have a feeling they will shift quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Only going for a few tunes from the first two albums... think they've been sh!te enough since then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Only going for a few tunes from the first two albums... think they've been sh!te enough since then

Humbug and Suck It And See were below par, but AM is superb. Back to their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Duff wrote: »
    Humbug and Suck It And See were below par, but AM is superb. Back to their best.

I thought the same at the time they were released but now I love all 5 albums and if anything I am growing less fond of the first album :eek:

Ah the old will it sell out paranoia, it never fails to arrive the night before tickets go on sale. If in doubt be online and ready too book at 9am, there wont be the hysteria there was for Garth Brooks, that still has me absolutely baffled

threein99 wrote: »
    I thought the same at the time they were released but now I love all 5 albums and if anything I am growing less fond of the first album :eek:

GET. OUT.

threein99 wrote: »
    Ah the old will it sell out paranoia, it never fails to arrive the night before tickets go on sale. If in doubt be online and ready too book at 9am, there wont be the hysteria there was for Garth Brooks, that still has me absolutely baffled

I don't get it either. The guy hasn't had a hit record in 20 years. He's a fat bald 50 something from America.

GET. OUT.

Blasphemy!:eek:

GET. OUT.

More so of "I bet you look good on the dance floor" and "when the sun goes down" :eek:

You're lucky you didn't say From The Ritz To The Rubble!

• Advertisement

You're lucky you didn't say From The Ritz To The Rubble!

Never :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

I'll be heading for before 11am.. I'll be fine.

I thought that about Foals until I got there at 9.14 to be told they had sold out a few minutes ago but then again that was a small venue. I don't believe they'll sell out Marley that morning...unless the touts bump up the sales. But nahh really not that morning no way.

Who you trying to convince ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 granthamx

Me and my friend want to go but we're in school until four ... What are our chances of getting tickets at around five?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Do any of you guys reckon they'll add any more support acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat_layday

granthamx wrote: »
    Me and my friend want to go but we're in school until four ... What are our chances of getting tickets at around five?

that's what i'm trying to figure out.. i mean it's a huge venue so they might not sell out right away but idk..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

JamieHP wrote: »
    Do any of you guys reckon they'll add any more support acts?

They have Jake Bugg supporting, probably the best new artist to come out of England in the last five years. What the **** are you expecting? Oasis?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

I have to say I half listened to the whole album once and didnt like but im gonna give it another go tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Stupid website is stupid slow

• Advertisement

Done :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement