Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,916 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wait Time is 10 Minutes...

.. really? Did Garth Brooks add on a 4th date or something?

EDIT: Now approximately 15 minutes or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Wait time 4 minutes.. come on, come on..

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

mine has gone from 6 out to 10 mins wait
    is this a new thing on ticketmaster, havent see this before

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senor Chang

went up to 15, down to 8, back to 15 and now at 10 minutes of wait time, come on :rolleyes:

Edit: Got them finally, after it switching between 7 and 8, and 1 and 2 minutes for a while. Bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Have the ticket in my cart on the Ticketmaster app and when I go to pay it's saying it cannot reach the server, try again later. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Got 8 Tickets. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tickets Sorted. Didn't wake up till 9.00 so happy with that.

Feck it... going to work.. and will try from there.

Not gonna sell out in the next 30 minutes anyways.

Just Ticketmaster website having a sh*t-fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Ticket bought, lovely! And now I've just seen Kings of Leon have been announced for weekend before....well I'm gonna be broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Done now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

well i doubt it will sell out in the next week let alone in the hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Done, that was harder than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

5 tickets got :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

sorted, say a prayer every night between now and then for sun.

Abandoning due to ever-increasing wait times worked out well in the end.. was getting tickets for my fiancee.

But she's a far bigger fan of Kings Of Leon and was disappointed they didn't announce an Irish show yet.. so only on the way to work in the car did I hear the KoL announcement.

BOOM... I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ticketmaster and their 22 year old servers!

pc-cobwebs.jpg

Shame I've to deal with them next Saturday morning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Unnecessarry effort but worthwhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tickets nabbed. Between this and Arcade Fire/Pixies, it's gonna be a nice summer for gigs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

After going from 10 to 15 then a slow countdown and count up. I finally got my ticket. Looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I had no problem at all getting tickets.

Straight in, 1 minute wait and confirmed.

With the KoL annoucement this morning, TM/MCD will have every cent I owe soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Had no bother getting tickets myself. The servers will blow up next week for KOL!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

D.Q wrote: »
    sorted, say a prayer every night between now and then for sun.
    I'm hoping for an overcast day. I hate the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

An overcast day in July would be way worse than a sunny one if you hate heat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Will ya stop!!

Hoping for weather just like Phoenix Park last year. It made the whole weekend extremely enjoyable. No wellies, no mud, no waterproof clothing.

Just a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

Also, the beer gardens in the pubs nearby were great in the hours before the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Yeah but A Certain Romance will be 100 times better if its played on a balmy warm evening and everyone has their tops off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Will ya stop!!

Hoping for weather just like Phoenix Park last year. It made the whole weekend extremely enjoyable. No wellies, no mud, no waterproof clothing.

Just a pair of shorts and a t shirt.

Also, the beer gardens in the pubs nearby were great in the hours before the gigs.

tumblr_mngb2jFLB11riolmio1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Chavways wrote: »
    Yeah but A Certain Romance will be 100 times better if its played on a balmy warm evening and everyone has their tops off.

You'd be lucky to hear A Certain Romance or much from their first album nowadays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

BubbaM wrote: »
    You'd be lucky to hear A Certain Romance or much from their first album nowadays :(

They played it at Glastonbury last year so I'm hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

BubbaM wrote: »

Is that true? Got tickets this morning, looking forward to it, but I'd be disappointed not to hear some of their early stuff. Saw them a few years ago in Malahide Castle and they were deadly!

Between this and Arcade Fire/Pixies, it's gonna be a fun few weeks :)

Chavways wrote: »

Oh please god not with the tops off >.<

I'm so so so so SO looking forward to this. They are a fantastic band to see live and great acts to have on beforehand. I'll celebrate my birthday at this too \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

View From the Afternoon, Danceloor and When the Sun Goes Down are the 3 that they play regularly from the 1st album. Dancing Shoes gets thrown in a bit now as well just so Alex Turner can do that wierd Uncle at a Christmas Party hip movement thing these days.

A Certain Romance seems to be reserved for special occasions now, shame as its still their best song in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement