Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Is that true? Got tickets this morning, looking forward to it, but I'd be disappointed not to hear some of their early stuff. Saw them a few years ago in Malahide Castle and they were deadly!

Between this and Arcade Fire/Pixies, it's gonna be a fun few weeks :)

As said above, they played a good few from the first album at Glastonbury but recently they're only playing "I Bet You....". Then again these shows have been in America, so I'm sure they adjust the setlist to suit the audience a little. I'd expect a slightly longer set with some of their early tracks for this gig and they're still playing plenty from the second album :cool:

Dancing Shoes too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh please god not with the tops off >.<

I'm so so so so SO looking forward to this. They are a fantastic band to see live and great acts to have on beforehand. I'll celebrate my birthday at this too \o/

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

AM was without a doubt my favourite album of 2013, so plenty off that would suit me lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

As much as i do love Dancing Shoes, it does come off awfully cheesy these days as alluded to above! would prefer to hear Old Yellow Bricks any day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

If we are discussing songs we would love to hear them play but they probably wont, I would love to hear Leave Before the Lights Come on :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,720 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Tix got. Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

threein99 wrote: »
    If we are discussing songs we would love to hear them play but they probably wont, I would love to hear Leave Before the Lights Come on :cool:

a forgotten classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Tickets bought.

I think the first two, and the fourth, are my favourite albums. The third and the last are just a bit too QOTSA for my liking, although AM is better than H.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tickets bought.

I think the first two, and the fourth, are my favourite albums. The third and the last are just a bit too QOTSA for my liking, although AM is better than H.

Learn from the best eh?

Doubt i'll be going to this, seeing them in belgium and then may have a pearl Jam gig to attend that weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Speaking of forgotten classics, Cigarette Smoker Fiona. What an absolute choon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

We're all unsure...

Mushy wrote: »
    Learn from the best eh?

Doubt i'll be going to this, seeing them in belgium and then may have a pearl Jam gig to attend that weekend!

First world problems

• Registered Users Posts: 9 billdara

Lads, do ye think these tickets will sell out at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Not any time soon I wouldn't imagine. Maybe a week or so before it if the weather is decent. Depends what the set capacity is for it too. Around 35000 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

billdara wrote: »
    Lads, do ye think these tickets will sell out at all?

Hard to know because nobody seems to know what capacity is being operated. If its closer to 40,000 then I would expect tickets to be available for another while.

If it's closer to 30,000 then it may be close to a sell out in the coming weeks given the support line up and the fact it's a Saturday gig.

Also need to factor in the potential UK sales (where the band are huge). They have two dates in the UK (announced so far) which are both sold out. Might get a good few making the trip over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Given the fact that Kol and Arcade fire are both playing also, I'd say tickets will be available for a while. Hoping so anyways because I can't afford them atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Duff wrote: »
    Speaking of forgotten classics, Cigarette Smoker Fiona. What an absolute choon.

The original version of this , "Cigarette Smoke", is far superior IMO.

I'd love to hear Space Invaders but that's never gonna happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Glad they announced a gig here, we've been waiting since their last gig at the O2 in 2009.

To people saying they were meh live act, I can their Gig at Oxygen in 2006 was probably top 10 in that Festival's history. The Malahide gig with The Coral and Supergrass supporting was brilliant. Ruined a little bit by a very laddie crowd wanting to start trouble. 2009 gig got rid of their yob mob which was brilliant but lacked the passion of the early gigs, although I love Humbug.

I see this selling out in the next week or two seen as the Monkey's AM era have made them the hip band again, I prefer the support acts in Finsbury, Tame Impala would have been good. But Jake Bugg isn't bad and Miles Kane isn't disagreeable.

I'm in the minority that prefers their last three albums to their first two, I just think they are more interesting. Humbug and SIAS I think deserve far more love. AM is probably their best album to date. Love their Debut and FWN too, just don't listen to them as much as the last three.

I can't wait seen as it's my birthday the same day, hope we get sun, a nice crowd (none of the drunken fools who ruined their early gigs) and just fun time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't even listen to their first album anymore. They've completely out grown it! They're a different band now, a better band IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't even listen to their first album anymore. They've completely out grown it! They're a different band now, a better band IMO.

We will never have a pint together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Looper007 wrote: »
    Glad they announced a gig here, we've been waiting since their last gig at the O2 in 2009.

To people saying they were meh live act, I can their Gig at Oxygen in 2006 was probably top 10 in that Festival's history. The Malahide gig with The Coral and Supergrass supporting was brilliant. Ruined a little bit by a very laddie crowd wanting to start trouble. 2009 gig got rid of their yob mob which was brilliant but lacked the passion of the early gigs, although I love Humbug.

I see this selling out in the next week or two seen as the Monkey's AM era have made them the hip band again, I prefer the support acts in Finsbury, Tame Impala would have been good. But Jake Bugg isn't bad and Miles Kane isn't disagreeable.

I'm in the minority that prefers their last three albums to their first two, I just think they are more interesting. Humbug and SIAS I think deserve far more love. AM is probably their best album to date. Love their Debut and FWN too, just don't listen to them as much as the last three.

I can't wait seen as it's my birthday the same day, hope we get sun, a nice crowd (none of the drunken fools who ruined their early gigs) and just fun time.

2006 was insane! I was loitering around the back of the crowd for the main stage not knowing who they were.... and they were mind blowing! big fan since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

2006 was brilliant, hoping for more of the same

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    We will never have a pint together

I'm similar although I haven't quite stopped listening to it (Dancefloor and When the sun goes down aside), their new stuff is more mature and accomplished

Looper007 wrote: »

One of the last good Oxegens before the scumbags took over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Hard to know because nobody seems to know what capacity is being operated. If its closer to 40,000 then I would expect tickets to be available for another while.

If it's closer to 30,000 then it may be close to a sell out in the coming weeks given the support line up and the fact it's a Saturday gig.

Also need to factor in the potential UK sales (where the band are huge). They have two dates in the UK (announced so far) which are both sold out. Might get a good few making the trip over.

Yeah I think there will be a good few British fans coming over. Flight time is less than an hour into Dublin from most UK airports. They are closet to the gig than people say, Kerry or Donegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Anyone buy a ticket for the Artics and get allocated a ticket with a seat number?????

Any time I've been to a gig in Marley Park it's been all standing.

I clicked general admission on Ticketmaster so I was surprised to see a seat number.

The ticket was €61.50 with a €6.10 booking fee.

strongback wrote: »
    Anyone buy a ticket for the Artics and get allocated a ticket with a seat number?????

Any time I've been to a gig in Marley Park it's been all standing.

I clicked general admission on Ticketmaster so I was surprised to see a seat number.

The ticket was €61.50 with a €6.10 booking fee.

Yeh they always have seat numbers. Is is GAxxx by chance?

Edit: I meant numbers, obviously not seat numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Yeh they always have seat numbers. Is is GAxxx by chance?

Yeah it's GAxxx.

Haven't seen that before.

• Advertisement

strongback wrote: »
    Yeah it's GAxxx.

Haven't seen that before.

GA is for General Admission

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement