Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Really looking forward to this. Any guesses on what the set list will be like? I'm guessing mainly songs from AM

Going by what they are playing during their Australia shows this week, it's AM heavy more then their first leg of the tour.

Setlist

1. Do I Wanna Know?
    2. Snap Out of It
    3. Arabella including War Pigs snippet
    4. Brainstorm
    5. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    6. Dancing Shoes
    7. Library Pictures
    8. Crying Lightning
    9. One for the Road
    10. Fireside
    11. I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
    12. She's Thunderstorms
    13. No. 1 Party Anthem
    14. Cornerstone
    15. Knee Socks
    16. Fluorescent Adolescent
    17. 505
    18. Encore:
    18. Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
    19. I Wanna Be Yours
    20. R U Mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RobbieHawkins

Sounds good to me :-) Altough Mardy bum and A certain romance would really top it off imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nice to see they've switched it up a bit. Last year at E.P it felt very much like they were just going through the motions, they played the same setlist that they'd been playing for months. The album hadn't been released at that stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Setlist is meh, i'd rather a few more old songs. But it's good!

JamieHP wrote: »
    Setlist is meh, i'd rather a few more old songs. But it's good!

They said in a recent interview many people are their gigs don't really care for the older songs, Turner said when they played Glastonbury no one cared when they played Fake Tale... or A Certain Romance. I think a lot of fan's want the newer stuff. I'm glad it's newer stuff heavy cause I think Humbug, SIAS and AM are probably the best stuff they've ever done. Still love their debut and FWN but I'm really pleased with their setlist right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Would like to see more stuff from FWN to be honest, I think somewhere between that and Humbug is when I enjoyed Arctic Monkey's the most. I still enjoy them now and thought their new album was good, but I like slightly darker Turner on songs like 'Do Me A Favour' (which I think is one of the best songs they have ever done) and 'Old Yellow Bricks'.

They do progress good but I think there's a little bit of watering down on their sound, especially the lyrics side of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

R U Mine is a brilliant finishing song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No Teddypicker.

Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Do I Wanna Know?
    Snap Out Of It
    Arabella
    Library Pictures
    Brianstorm
    Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
    I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor
    Fireside
    Cornerstone
    No.1 Party Anthem
    Fluorescent Adolescent

(Encore)
    A Certain Romance
    One For The Road
    R U Mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That's a short set list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

That can't be it surely!?! 14 songs!

Ah, it is wrong. They played 21 songs.

There's a set list up on setlist.com

Phew

Do I Wanna Know?
    Snap Out of It
    Arabella
    Brianstorm
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Dancing Shoes
    Library Pictures
    Crying Lightning
    Fireside
    I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
    She's Thunderstorms
    No. 1 Party Anthem
    Cornerstone
    Knee Socks
    Fluorescent Adolescent

Encore:
    A Certain Romance
    One for the Road
    I Wanna Be Yours
    R U Mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Batesy wrote: »
    Do I Wanna Know?
    Snap Out of It
    Arabella
    Brianstorm
    Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
    Dancing Shoes
    Library Pictures
    Crying Lightning
    Fireside
    I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
    She's Thunderstorms
    No. 1 Party Anthem
    Cornerstone
    Knee Socks
    Fluorescent Adolescent

Encore:
    A Certain Romance
    One for the Road
    I Wanna Be Yours
    R U Mine?

Would love to have seen Pretty Visitors left in, I love that song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

On the second night they got Miles Kane up and did a Last Shadow Puppets song (but sacrificed A Certain Romance for the privilege). Would love to hear one of their tunes at Marley!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Seen the monkeys live 4 times now, and made the trek over to London for the finsbury park gig on the Friday. Have to be honest, it was almost as if they didn't seem interested. For such a massive gig, I expected a bit more out of them. Hopefully they pull their socks up a bit for marlay park

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

dulux99 wrote: »
    Seen the monkeys live 4 times now, and made the trek over to London for the finsbury park gig on the Friday. Have to be honest, it was almost as if they didn't seem interested. For such a massive gig, I expected a bit more out of them. Hopefully they pull their socks up a bit for marlay park

I seen them at Oxegen 11 and thought they were ok , so when i seen them at EP last year i was hoping to give them another chance and i felt the same way just seemed bored , plus i cant stand Turners stupid wannabe 50's greaser gimmick

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Ye I feel the same way sadly. I seen them in 2006 when they just had so much energy and buzz about them. But last few years they just dont do it live for me would love to go to Marley gig but afraid they will just be going threw the motions again.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Could you expand on that a bit? What was the extra you expected out of them that they didn't give?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I seen them at Oxegen 11 and thought they were ok , so when i seen them at EP last year i was hoping to give them another chance and i felt the same way just seemed bored , plus i cant stand Turners stupid wannabe 50's greaser gimmick

I thought they were excellent at EP. Granted Turner epitomises self indulgence but its making him a pretty good showman imo.

Compare them to TDCC at the same festival - they seemed bored. I'd seen them in the O2 that January and they were excellent. So I guess just like any sports teams; you can catch bands on off days.

• Advertisement

Fago123 wrote: »
    Could you expand on that a bit? What was the extra you expected out of them that they didn't give?

First of all, most of the set was just their new album. When such hype had been surrounding this gig, you would imagine that it would be a 'greatest hits' type setlist. Plus they only played for about 90 minutes. I had seen Kasabian play in cork the week before, for a fraction of the price, and they had played for longer. These two gigs were supposed to practically be their equivalent of Knebworth, and it was just like listening to their CD's. Alot of people had the exact same reaction as me over there

Well everyone seem to disagree with you, everyone thought it was great. you were expecting them to bring out strings, midgets, John lennon to come back from the dead to sing a duet. They must pull their socks up for Dulux.

First of all, most of the set was just their new album. When such hype had been surrounding this gig, you would imagine that it would be a 'greatest hits' type setlist. Plus they only played for about 90 minutes. I had seen Kasabian play in cork the week before, for a fraction of the price, and they had played for longer. These two gigs were supposed to practically be their equivalent of Knebworth, and it was just like listening to their CD's. Alot of people had the exact same reaction as me over there

They are touring AM, not a greatest hit's set. They only played for 90 minutes cause they had a curfew at Finsbury park at half 10. I'm a fan of the Arctic Monkey's forum and apart from the odd voice or two many seemed to love it. I think cause it didn't go you're way you are taking pot shots.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looper007 wrote: »
    Well everyone seem to disagree with you, everyone thought it was great. you were expecting them to bring out strings, midgets, John lennon to come back from the dead to sing a duet. They must pull their socks up for Dulux.

It was just his opinion , no one said they must bring out midgets , john lennon etc. And after seeing them twice i can see where he is coming from .

Who exactly is 'everyone'? Because from reading the main arctic monkeys forum, many people had the exact same impression of the gig that I had. Not to mention the 5 of my pals that went over with me. I saw them in September at EP, and now in London, and the gig at EP was much much better. Sorry if my experience at a gig that I paid to go to, seems to have upset you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

He can piss off if he tries this at Marley, awful version and if its not gonna be full band don't bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

They are touring AM, not a greatest hit's set. They only played for 90 minutes cause they had a curfew at Finsbury park at half 10. I'm a fan of the Arctic Monkey's forum and apart from the odd voice or two many seemed to love it. I think cause it didn't go you're way you are taking pot shots.
    Curfew is half 10 all over, 90 mins for an outdoor show is quite short.

2 hours at least should be expected at outdoor shows!

If curfew is half 10 then start the gig earlier, it's not exactly rocket science. To play for 90 minutes, for 60,000 people, after charging £60 a head, is extortionate. To put in a half arsed performance is inexusable. I couldn't give a ****e about what the rest of the people think, because as far as im concerned, the only people who could have thought that it was a top top gig, were the people who had their minds made up beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I really like that acoustic version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

I couldn't give a ****e about what the rest of the people think, because as far as im concerned, the only people who could have thought that it was a top top gig, were the people who had their minds made up beforehand.

And vice versa in some cases I'd imagine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement