Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys Marlay Park July 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Fago123 wrote: »
    And vice versa in some cases I'd imagine

Maybe, but i'm a massive Monkeys fan, I wouldn't have made the trek over to London had I not be. I still have tickets to see them in Marlay Park and I can't wait for it. I personally thought they were biblical at Picnic in September

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

I've made a playlist on spotify containing all songs they've played at least once on AM Tour to date. PM if want a link...

Turner is a dick but its all part of the deal. Their official Twitter account is getting a warning that they better be up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Anyone any idea about stage times yet for this? Is Miles Kane or Jake Bugg on before the monkeys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Im heading to this one myself. Heading to London to see BABYMETAL the week before, then back to good old Dublin for some AM.

One thing I'm quite hopeful about, is for Miles Kane to go on before Jake Bugg. I saw Jake live in the Olympia, and he was quite good, but I don't imagine his type of performance is going to light up a big outdoors gig, the way Miles Kane does. I still think it'll more than likely be Jake Bugg though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jake Bugg will be on before Miles Kane.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Jake Bugg will be on before Miles Kane.

100%? How are you so sure, if you don't mind me asking? Jake Bugg is before Miles Kane on the poster. Miles Kane went on before Tame Impala in London. Hopefully you're right anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

Jake Bugg is the main support act and will play before AM as far as I know!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jake Bugg is main support . So running order will prob be:

Arctic Monkeys
    Jake Bugg
    Miles Kane
    Royal Blood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It really is a great line up. I can't wait.

Seen Jake Bugg and Miles Kane already this year and both were fantastic gigs.

From what I've heard of Royal Blood they look decent too. They get some sound from just a bass and drums!

• Advertisement

I think they're great.

I think they're great.

That is some sound they're getting!! Looking forward to seeing them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Ah Jesus, Royal Blood are supporting!?

Is this sold out yet? :pac: I wanna go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

Royal Blood are class live. Seen them in Workmans a few months ago. Looking forward to seeing them again nearly as much as AM.

Yea tbh id nearly be tempted to go to the gig more for the support bands then AM :) . Hope Royal Blood get announced for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Yea tbh id nearly be tempted to go to the gig more for the support bands then AM :) . Hope Royal Blood get announced for EP

For me it's all about the Arctic monkeys, none of those acts come close.

Since I'm not going to EP I'm seriously considering buying a ticket for this now. Whats Marley Park like as a venue? I think I might have seen Coldplay there a few years ago with Elbow and White Lies, that was a great gig, not sure if it was Marley Park though.

Since I'm not going to EP I'm seriously considering buying a ticket for this now. Whats Marley Park like as a venue? I think I might have seen Coldplay there a few years ago with Elbow and White Lies, that was a great gig, not sure if it was Marley Park though.

I'm pretty sure I was at that gig in Phoenix park.

Marley is a good venue from what I remember. I haven't been to many gigs there, Oasis and Green Day I think is all and they were both fantastic gigs. Getting out of it is a little tricky if you're not heading to the city though.

Oh yeah it was Phoenix Park. Just checked on ticketmaster there and it says there are no tickets, is it sold out or am I doing something wrong?

I only checked Ticketmaster yesterday and there was tickets available but it looks now to be sold out!

• Advertisement

Keep an eye out TM closer to the date and you should be able to grab a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Batesy wrote: »
    It really is a great line up. I can't wait.

Seen Jake Bugg and Miles Kane already this year and both were fantastic gigs.

From what I've heard of Royal Blood they look decent too. They get some sound from just a bass and drums!

lol i've never even heard of any of the support acts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

TheCoolWay wrote: »

You've really got you're finger on the pulse when it comes to music.

In fairness a chap asked me was yer man "Jugg" playing recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

TheCoolWay wrote: »

Ah infairness now Jake Bugg is well known, and very good. Here's something to wet the appetite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY0oPg1h8fQ

Have always liked Miles Kane's work and I downloaded his latest album last week, Don't Forget Who You Are it's called. Has some great stuff on it.

Havn't really listened much to Royal Blood, but my music aficionado friends tell me great things, and that they're supposed to be a great live act.

I was the very same about Miles Kane until i heard his new album and thought it was a banger of a record.

Royal Blood for me are one of my ones to watch this year along with George Ezra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

Can't wait for this, Arctic Monkeys should be phenomenal. I could take or leave Jake Bugg, but am really looking forward to Miles Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Royal Blood are a great live band.

Anyone know what order they'll be up? Ticket says 3pm start as far as I can remember so what time can we expect the first act to be up?

Royal Blood are a great live band.

Anyone know what order they'll be up? Ticket says 3pm start as far as I can remember so what time can we expect the first act to be up?

1. Royal Blood
    2. Miles Kane
    3. Jake Bugg
    4. Arctic Monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ticketmaster has tickets again for sale (just bought one), but they do warn about limited availability.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Looper007 wrote: »
    For me it's all about the Arctic monkeys, none of those acts come close.

Same here couldn't care less about the supporting acts. only reason i'll be there to hear them is because I'll want a good spot for AM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement