Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with annual leave

Options
  • 27-01-2014 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Is there any requirement in law limiting the time period on which a AL requestust be replied to. I made a request in Nov for one weeks al to commence the first week in March. My sister on law is getting married and I need to attend. I had hoped to book flights and accomidaton back in nov, when they would of been cheaper. Three months later I still havent heard back. Is there legislation defining the tome frame in which leave requests must be dealt with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Have you chased it up since your initial request? If it has been three months, I would suggest that it has been missed or fallen through the cracks somehow....a message that has gone missing, or someone has forgotten to key your request into the system. Mistakes happen, even in the best HR departments. Or if a small firm, your manager may well have been busy at the time, and forgotten your request.

Given that your request is most likely lost in the system I wouldn't be expecting to hear anything at this stage without chasing it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

Hi, I have followed up on it on foir seperate occasions. The department that looks after leave are notorious for not getying back on leave requests. On some occasions only approving or denyong leave the day before the leave is to commence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I would write a pleasant note dated, stating that i requested the leave some months ago, and having heard no confirmation that i might presume that the leave was in order.
    Ask for confrimationof theleave, or refusal, in writing by the end of the week.
    Personally hand it to whoever is in charge even if it means waiting until he/she is free. Indicate tha tyou have a copy for yourself. Be pleasant throughout.

Advertisement