Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Super Squad Tactics!

Options
  • 27-01-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hey chaps,

again, if there is a thread on this or if no-one cares, this can be shut down but I reckon there could be space for a roundup of really good squad based techniques to use on the field.

I would love to get into more squad based plays especially after seeing some good team tactics on youtube and various places but I think it would benefit us here on Boards to gather them all together and see if we can even make up some squads to try them out.

So throw any links of great plays or let us know if you have seen any in action yourselves.

Thanks,

Sirinava. :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I think theres dedicated threads for each platform but I suppose a general one for all mightn't hurt, Would probably be handy if people state their platforms though to avoid confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Well yeah, thats true... but I was thinking more like general tactics that incorporate multiple players from a squad working together to make some creative plays. Not really platform specific.

Like the Recon & Support motorbike C4 bombing run by Levelcap and Matimio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4TL5bcKAU0

Ok thats probably not a good example of squad play but still counts..

The Red wrote: »
    Ok thats probably not a good example of squad play but still counts..

LevelCap isn't a player I would rate at all considering he gets paid by EA to do those videos and present them as independant / unbiased view on games.

Ok sure, but its more about the different types of squad collaborations I want to discuss here.

Examples of how to improve the "team game" element to BF4. And if people have examples of good group set ups.

Ok sure, but its more about the different types of squad collaborations I want to discuss here.

Examples of how to improve the "team game" element to BF4. And if people have examples of good group set ups.

With regards tactics are you talking just general helping each other out tactics / squad setups or more specific stuff like flanking / pinching like the video below

General squad setup in the squads I usually play with usually consists of the following:

1 - Engineer
    2 - Engineer
    3 - Medic
    4 - Support
    5 - Recon (Aggressive)

Not always running together as a squad and sometimes lone wolfing it but if a call goes out for a medpack, ammo, engineer, beacon etc the next respawn will usually be on the person who requested it in the class they requested

• Advertisement

Im thinking any creative ways to use various classes in conjunction to create effective squads.
    Like maybe 3 engineers with RPGs, a recon for guidance and support for resupply. That would be effective against oncoming tanks on large scale map defence.

Something like that?

I only know basic ones so I cant give really good examples but I reckon noobs like myself would benefit from some good ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

miju wrote: »
    LevelCap isn't a player I would rate at all considering he gets paid by EA to do those videos and present them as independant / unbiased view on games.

Do they pay the guys getting shot in those videos to get shot as well?
    :D

Despite all the controversy (which, honestly, isn't all that controversial, we're Irish for feck's sakes, we're used to levels of underhandedness that would make EA blush for a week), the stuff in the videos itself just isn't all that bad. I've tried most of it, and it's usually either been immediately useful or I could see how it'd be useful if I could just aim better or had a framerate that climbed above 20 on a regular basis.

BTW, my top squad tips are:
    • DROP FECKING AMMO
    • DROP MEDPACKS
    • PTFO!

And it'd be nice if people playing obliteration went after the bomb instead of trying to capture flags without noticing that there aren't any flags. It'd be funny to watch so many lads running around C in Locker if it wasn't so tragic...
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If you cant kill people like a boss, support, support , support - whether its by repairing, dropping ammo or healing, or even by leaving combat when you find yourself the last man alive in the squad to provide the others with a safe respawn point.
    you'll still get tons (probably even more)of points for being a help rather than a hindrance.

Also - if you see someone capping an objective - hop on it, the more on there, the quicker the point is capped.

How about how to use vehicles in coordination.. any ideas?

Or best map point locations using squad members to defend as a team?

• Advertisement

1. Roll in a convoy spreading out so everyone is looking at alternative areas but still focused on the same objective.
    2. Spot, spot, spot
    3. Cover each others rears / side when one vehicle is being offensive
    4. If your vehicle is in full health use it to shield another vehicle that is getting hammered so they have time to repair reload.
    5. DONT think you invincible in a vehicle your not
    I posted it before in another thread but a good example I think is this pair of videos. In video 1 you see me get hit with rockets from the side and back while I'm attacking and focused elsewhere and in video 2 you see why there was never a second follow up rocket.

You then see why the second vehicle doesnt get hit when he moves in to the objective proper.

Video 1 - Start at 55 seconds

Video 2 - Start at 2 minutes

The simplest one - if you're getting in a helo, especially a scout helo, be an engineer with a stinger or ilga and a repair tool, and repair like crazy when you're not shooting at the other helos/jets.

If you're the pilot, concentrate on other aircraft first, then after that, depending on what helo you're in, focus on:
    • infy/light vehicles as the scout helo
    • armour as the attack helo
    • running away as the transport helo

Also, if you're flying the transport helo, remember what side your gunner is on and give him a stable platform with line of sight to the target, and fly over objectives to let other passangers bail out and rooftops to let the gunners shoot the rooftop campers.

And if you as a pilot bail out of a transport helo without warning, don't be surprised to learn that there are many many imaginative ways you can be teamkilled in this game, after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Forget about kill:Death ratio
    Don't pay attention to your position on the leaderboard
    If you are the last remaining in your squad and in a good position, think about hiding so that your squad can respawn on you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Sparks wrote: »
    And if you as a pilot bail out of a transport helo without warning, don't be surprised to learn that there are many many imaginative ways you can be teamkilled in this game, after all...

This. Oh my god this. Do not bail out of a chopper as soon as someone looks at it menacingly.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    This. Oh my god this. Do not bail out of a chopper as soon as someone looks at it menacingly.

But do bail out if your chopper is full, your team is winning, you feel like a bit of trolling and somehow the chopper has gone into a mysterious nosedive :p:p:p:p:p

*revs up quad bike for a bit of teamkilling*

You have to respawn sometime, you cowardly bleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

If you are the last remaining in your squad and in a good position, think about hiding so that your squad can respawn on you

I'm pretty useless at this game. Can't really shoot for sh*t but I found myself in a great position playing Rush on Hainan Resort where we were attacking the first objective. I managed to get the boat around to the area to the left of the defenders without being spotted. I was waiting ages for some of my squad to spawn on. Not one did, even though they were getting killed, trying to snipe from the ship and what not. Pretty frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Spot Spot Spot Spot.

Ammo Ammo Ammo Ammo.

Advertisement