Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble Post PPV Thread - *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

1604756_756379807724472_1874282370_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

2. The WWE really should have entered Bryan into the Rumble - have him enter early (say #5) and be eliminated by Batista. This would make Batista a heal and allow the crowd to boo. As is, the crowd booed poor Rey Mysterio because he wasn't Daniel Bryan and booed again at the ending as well. Not a nice way to end the rumble.

Couldn't agree more. If Bryan's in it, the people get what they want - they cheer him on and when he's screwed out of the win, he's still over and still in a position to deliver on his potential. He's a great underdog, but you can't make an underdog if they've not got odds to face - there's a massive difference between overcoming the odds infront of you and being overlooked for a midget dressed as a bull and a Diesel's second 'surprise' return.

And Batista isn't getting heel heat, he's just being targeted as someone who's ruining a storyline that's been a great slow burner for the past 3-4 months, because of his personal ego. People are seeing him as entitled (not as a character), returning to the main event after 4 years of absence, in the place of any number of more qualified and worthy wrestlers. I don't think anyone outright hates Batista, but he's not what people have invested in, in the past months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Even if they had a "Bryan is injured and can't compete" because of Wyatt that would hve been something.

Has the crowd ever collectivly shat on a main event match of that caliber before? Poor Sheamas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

6 from me, tag match was very short but really good, opener was one of the best matches I have ever seen. Brock beating the ****e out of Big Show was great, **** match though. Cena vs Orton was what it was a 40 minute diva match, loved the crowd through out.

Lack of Bryan, RVD, Y2J and Jake the Snake in the rumble sucked, El Torito getting an elimination was great, Khali, JBL were wasted spots, Reigns showed he is the dominant force in The Shield by eliminating the other two, a 30+ Cesaro swing was the over looked point of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Well then.

Whatever they do from now on won't be able to rectify the colossal mistake they made last night. They could have had 2 very special moments, one last night, and one at WM. The likelihood is that they have 0 right now.

Even if they put Bryan into the main event, a lot of the damage has already been done. The WWE has blatantly refused to give fans what they want. And it's not even the first time. It's been happening for a long time, which is why people have finally had enough.

I felt sorry for Rey, I felt sorry for Reigns who was cheered at points as the crowd began to put their hatred for Batista winning above their dismay at Bryan not being in it. I feel sorry for the guys who carry the company for the entire year, who won't get the rewards at the end. Instead, you have Batista, this absolute d*ckhead of a man, who couldn't care less about anything but the money. You see how John Cena handles heat, and then you hear about Batista and you immediately love Cena more than you already do, or don't.

The Mick Foley angle wasn't a work. His son tore into HHH on Facebook, legitimately blasting him in a far worse rant than his father.

I'm not surprised the crowd rejected Orton/Cena x1223421432312431. You simply can't keep booking the same match and expect people to lap it up. The match itself was actually decent but at that point, you already felt bored with it. Orton, Cena, yet again.

I hope that the crowd continue to reject the product if the WM card stays the same. I hope that they continue to voice their displeasure at the horrific booking. I thought you couldn't drop the ball worse than Battleground. I honestly thought it wasn't going to get worse. It has. At WM30, we will have 2 people that nobody wants to see in the main event and it's going to be crucified by the crowd. And good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

I think WWE creative know exactly what they are doing here and it is not often I say that. Bryan is super over and it will remain that way. The more they deprive us of what we want the more we want it-the more fans will chant for Bryan, the more they can rapidly turn Batista heel- the only character that suits him.

Bryan's feud with the Wyatts has been closing Raw for several weeks and if anything the world championship has been second fiddle-so it is wrong to say he is being buried, on the contrary. The programme although odd to me at first has successfully given the wyatts in ring kudos that I feel they were lacking. Bryan has now superbly elevated the Wyatts and part of being a main guy is putting people over the right way. At the moment, as long he is booked right I am comfortable with Bryan slowing building to the title. Maybe summerslam when he beats heel Orton or Heel Batista. Then maybe a programme with HHH and whoever is in that stable then. Bryan is not Austin or Rock on the mike. His biggest strength is in the ring, he is likable, but will he succeed as a baby face champ is debatable. Some guys are better chasing the title than carrying it and I think Bryan will be one of those. WWE may as get as much mileage out of it as they can and by apparently "keeping him down" is probably the best way to ensure people care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Forgot to say earlier, but I hate the WWE App now. Woke up this morning and took out the iPad to watch it having decided a stream wasnt worth the effort last night. Accidently read the first notification "Batista wins...." Fcuk you anyway! I always avoid spoilers for the Rumble and Wrestlemania.

Anyway, with Bryan not being in it at all, they should have sent in Wade Barrett at number 30. "You want Daniel Bryan? Well I'm afraid I have some bad news!" I'm not a fan of the gimmick but that was a perfect fit. Sending a popular babyface in last was a death wish.
    8. Wrestlemania setups. Anyone who follows the dirt sheets would have seen that a number of matches are already on the cards (Cena vs. Wyatt, Batista vs. Orton, Punk vs. HHH and Bryan vs. Taker). So we've basically seen the genesis of most of the Mania card last night.

Not sure where you got Bryan vs Taker from. Most are saying Bryan vs Sheamus and Taker vs Lesnar. Can also see it being Punk vs Kane now instead of Triple H.

Since the Wyatts were mentioned, this will now be the second time in a row that people have just forgotten about them. Punk just lost interest when the Shield stuff started and last night Bryan didnt seem to care that they were beating down Cena. When that beat down started, considering he lost and didnt get revenge, I was expecting a Bryan save that would lead to a six man tag at Wrestlemania. Hogan possibly as the third man so he doesnt have to do much outside of a few punches and poses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Deadlie wrote: »

And Batista isn't getting heel heat, he's just being targeted as someone who's ruining a storyline that's been a great slow burner for the past 3-4 months, because of his personal ego. People are seeing him as entitled (not as a character), returning to the main event after 4 years of absence, in the place of any number of more qualified and worthy wrestlers. I don't think anyone outright hates Batista, but he's not what people have invested in, in the past months.

That one kid that time did, but Batista hates him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Looking forward to hearing some canned cheers when they recap Big Bats win tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It's a shame WWE are so rigid that Orton and Cena couldn't change the lay out of their match (ie. no chinlocks) when they were clearly losing the crowd. They really should've at least tried to do something about it.

Megager wrote: »
    I think WWE creative know exactly what they are doing here and it is not often I say that. Bryan is super over and it will remain that way. The more they deprive us of what we want the more we want it-the more fans will chant for Bryan, the more they can rapidly turn Batista heel- the only character that suits him.

So the Wrestlemania main event will be heel vs heel? No chance. That is unlikely on a B-PPV, let alone Wrestlemania.
    Bryan's feud with the Wyatts has been closing Raw for several weeks and if anything the world championship has been second fiddle-so it is wrong to say he is being buried, on the contrary.

He is being used to elevate Triple H's pet projects at his own expense. He gained nothing from the Wyatt feud.
    The programme although odd to me at first has successfully given the wyatts in ring kudos that I feel they were lacking. Bryan has now superbly elevated the Wyatts and part of being a main guy is putting people over the right way. At the moment, as long he is booked right I am comfortable with Bryan slowing building to the title.

When is he going to start being booked right?
    Maybe summerslam when he beats heel Orton or Heel Batista. Then maybe a programme with HHH and whoever is in that stable then. Bryan is not Austin or Rock on the mike. His biggest strength is in the ring, he is likable, but will he succeed as a baby face champ is debatable. Some guys are better chasing the title than carrying it and I think Bryan will be one of those. WWE may as get as much mileage out of it as they can and by apparently "keeping him down" is probably the best way to ensure people care.

Keeping him down is the best way to ensure people lose interest. TNA did the exact same with Samoa Joe. He was red hot and everybody wanted him to win the title. They held off just like WWE are now. When he did eventually win the title, nobody really cared. He had long since peaked in popularity and was trailing off. Bryan is at his peak now. For an analogy that I think Raven used before, its like masturbating. If you blow your load right away, it sucks. Build it for a while, its good. Build it another while, its great. Build it too long, and it sucks again. Bryan is at that third stage right now. They are fast running out of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

hmmmm.
    Lance Storm ‏@LanceStorm 1m

If U think Daniel Bryan has been buried, is John Cena being buried? Both lost title matches to Orton and moved to Wyatt Feud.

"Vince McMahon is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, non-sensical, douchebag yes men, like John Laurinaitis, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will better after Vince McMahon is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one thing I don't get is how people think that last night made Brock look strong?
    he needed multiple chairs to get the job done, makes it look like he'd have lost if it was a clean match.
    the only saving grace was the f5, which he nearly botched.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The moment batista's schedule got posted here I thought his good will just for returning will have cooled off before they get to Chicago for raw in march and he will be booed. Now I think that about every episode of raw until he turns. Or fe*ks off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ugh, Lance Storm can eat it. Cena's untouchable, the face of the company. WWE refuse to showcase Daniel Bryan above a certain station. He hasn't made it and WWE are trying their best to not make a new star in him, whilst WWE have sabotaged other potential main-eventers to keep going with Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd have preferred Reigns to win over Batista in the end

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Pretty sure everyone would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd even have taken Del Rio ahead of Batista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Even in the Shed everyone got behind Reigns and turned on Batista totally.

He was awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

****ing Batista :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only thing is we're presuming Orton holds the title till Mania. This is in spite of the fact Lesnar seems to be getting a title shot, and probably so will 4 other guys.

Shall we start hoping Bryan wins the title at the chamber? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Keeping him down is the best way to ensure people lose interest. TNA did the exact same with Samoa Joe. He was red hot and everybody wanted him to win the title. They held off just like WWE are now. When he did eventually win the title, nobody really cared. He had long since peaked in popularity and was trailing off. Bryan is at his peak now. For an analogy that I think Raven used before, its like masturbating. If you blow your load right away, it sucks. Build it for a while, its good. Build it another while, its great. Build it too long, and it sucks again. Bryan is at that third stage right now. They are fast running out of time.
    Great paragraph!

Bryan's 100% aware of this too, doubt he'd give much of a **** if the company got rid of him so he's totally right to throw his weight around a bit and encourage the negative reactions.

btw, any word on what Batista has been like backstage since returning? Like, is he interacting much with everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SteveWold

Enjoyable show,loved Reigns looking like a boss and thought the title match was decent enough.Bryan/Wyatt was outstanding and am delighted the NAO's are getting a run with the titles.Renee Young looked well too and JBL had his best night on commentary in an awful long time.

It's a bit unfortunate that so many wrestling fans have a sense of entitlement which has resulted in the internet being awash with child like hissy fits because Bryan had the fantastic match that he was actually advertised to have on the show,and wasn't in the Rumble,like he pretty much confirmed he wouldn't be in his promo on Raw last week. I understand peoples frustrations and desire to see them do more with the potential Bryan undoubtedly has, but so, so many people seem to put it across so badly. I'd have loved to have seen Bryan come in and win the Rumble, but I didn't expect it nor feel it was my right to see it,and I didn't let it ruin my enjoyment of the Rumble (like the people who gave the show a ridiculous rating of 1 here seemed to have done) Some peoples reactions are akin to a 3 year old stamping his feet because he can't have chocolate cake and a big bag of sugar for dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

SteveWold wrote: »
    Enjoyable show,loved Reigns looking like a boss and thought the title match was decent enough.Bryan/Wyatt was outstanding and am delighted the NAO's are getting a run with the titles.Renee Young looked well too and JBL had his best night on commentary in an awful long time.

It's a bit unfortunate that so many wrestling fans have a sense of entitlement which has resulted in the internet being awash with child like hissy fits because Bryan had the fantastic match that he was actually advertised to have on the show,and wasn't in the Rumble,like he pretty much confirmed he wouldn't be in his promo on Raw last week. I understand peoples frustrations and desire to see them do more with the potential Bryan undoubtedly has, but so, so many people seem to put it across so badly. I'd have loved to have seen Bryan come in and win the Rumble, but I didn't expect it nor feel it was my right to see it,and I didn't let it ruin my enjoyment of the Rumble (like the people who gave the show a ridiculous rating of 1 here seemed to have done) Some peoples reactions are akin to a 3 year old stamping his feet because he can't have chocolate cake and a big bag of sugar for dinner.

Yeah it's really terrible we all want to see the most over guy since Stone Cold be given the push he deserves.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So the Wrestlemania main event will be heel vs heel? No chance. That is unlikely on a B-PPV, let alone Wrestlemania.

He is being used to elevate Triple H's pet projects at his own expense. He gained nothing from the Wyatt feud.

When is he going to start being booked right?

Accept your points-well made. I'm annoyed as everyone Bryan didnt win rumble but but I do still think there is a plan there. I have to hope there is.

Bryan was booked brilliantly in the summer. He was make look really strong against the Shield. He beat Cena clean. He beat orton- albeit fast count, and he only lost because of HBK. There is a loose end there that needs to be tied off and it has been left there for a reason. Creative can make or break a guy and they did get Bryan to the top of the card.

Id say Lesnar and Orton will be part of an elimination chamber match with others. Who knows maybe Bryan will go into mania champion?

Personally I think they will run with Orton Batista and see if it gathers legs. There is still a chance and PPV to change it if it is bombing. They maybe able get it to work-Im skeptical as its a match I have no interest in watching and I could not see it closing mania myself.

I think the cage match with Wyatt on Raw did benefit Bryan. It emphasized how over he is with the crowd, and it closed the show in one of the best feel good moments of the year. They also had a great match last night. Maybe I just see it different. I could be wrong and Bryan is getting the Ziggler treatment. Time will tell who is right.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah it's really terrible we all want to see the most over guy since Stone Cold be given the push he deserves.

1st time I've used the ignore button so far. Honestly wouldn't even bother considering the stuff that was being said last night mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SteveWold

Moneymaker wrote: »

Most over guy since Stone Cold?seriously?

The most over guy since Stone Cold lost to Randy Orton last night.

If Bryan legitimately was the most over guy on the roster WWE would be right behind him.His SS main event buyrate,TV segment ratings,house show loop attendances and merch numbers would say different though.

You can be over in the arenas or properly money making over.Those Cena foam fingers and wristbands cost money,Yes chants are free.

Megager wrote: »

Bryan was booked brilliantly in the summer. He was make look really strong against the Shield. He beat Cena clean. He beat orton- albeit fast count, and he only lost because of HBK. There is a loose end there that needs to be tied off and it has been left there for a reason. Creative can make or break a guy and they did get Bryan to the top of the card.

I think the cage match with Wyatt on Raw did benefit Bryan. It emphasized how over he is with the crowd, and it closed the show in one of the best feel good moments of the year. They also had a great match last night. Maybe I just see it different. I could be wrong and Bryan is getting the Ziggler treatment. Time will tell who is right.

Dude, Bryan was booked horrifically in the summer.

They gave him the win over Cena, brilliant. Then they proceed to have him beaten down repeatedly, slowly shift the focus of the angle away from him onto the Big Show, have him be called B+ every night. He had no significant moment, no significant victory, he simply lost and that was that.

Creative did not get Bryan to the top of the card. Bryan got Bryan to the top of the card. They have tried to keep him down if anything. Michael Cole burying him each week, being squashed by Sheamus, being put into a comedy segment etc.

The Wyatt feud did not benefit Bryan. He is popular and the Wyatt feud hasn't changed anything. People want to see Bryan succeed no matter what. Bryan actually lost the Wyatt feud, cleanly.

Time will tell? Isn't that what people were saying after Battleground, after Hell in a Cell? How long does one have to wait to realise that they are not going to give Daniel Bryan the opportunity he deserves?

If Bryan legitimately was the most over guy on the roster WWE would be right behind him.His SS main event buyrate,TV segment ratings,house show loop attendances and merch numbers would say different though.

You can be over in the arenas or properly money making over.Those Cena foam fingers and wristbands cost money,Yes chants are free.

Vince??Is that you??;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i would have little problem with Bryan continuing to do what he's doing if WWE weren't pushing Batista and Orton instead.

that's the nub of it IMO.

yes, Bryan is super over. but people have been super over before and not got a proper run on top; usually because there's someone in the top spot who is at least as over.

Batista getting thrown into the spot when he's not worth it, and Orton staying in the spot even though his run has been a failure, is what písses people off.

there's no good reason for Bryan to be ignored for the top spot, none.

it's one thing continuing with Cena, at least he's a proven draw and gets a decent reaction. it's a whole other thing running with Ortista.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Hopefully Lesnar wins the belt at EC. Lesnar throwing Big Dave around in the WM main event would make my year tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chagan wrote: »
    Hopefully Lesnar wins the belt at EC. Lesnar throwing Big Dave around in the WM main event would make my year tbh.

Same. I think Lesnar is the only hope of a decent Wrestlemania main event at this stage. Bryan has been shat on. Brock will not be. And they're the only 2 guys worth watching towards the top of the card at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Only thing is we're presuming Orton holds the title till Mania. This is in spite of the fact Lesnar seems to be getting a title shot, and probably so will 4 other guys.

Shall we start hoping Bryan wins the title at the chamber? :D

So who will be in the chamber match?

Likely to be Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Punk, Kane and Daniel Bryan maybe or will Bray Wyatt and Reigns get in

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Gave it a six. Pre-show match was enjoyable, Outlaws are still in decent shape and can work a match so happy to see where this goes although I don't understand why it wasn't on the main show, easily could have made time for it. Bryan - Wyatt was excellent. Great performance from both men and I'm very happy Wyatt went over because he really needed a big win. Lesnar - Show wasn't much of a match and more of an angle but I'm alright with that because it was well done and made Lesnar look like a beast. I think someone above was asking how did it make Lesnar look strong when he needed multiple chair shots to win. Because Lesnar is not a face, he's a heel who is being positioned as a monster that will destroy anyone in anyway he chooses. The fact that he got a KO punch and essentially got up and F5'd Show for the win shows that Lesnar didn't need the chair, but he choose to do it just to make a point.

Now onto the Rumble match itself, I think some people are being unfair when they're saying it was full of no name talent. I'd much prefer established upper-mid-carders/former main eventers than the likes of Hunico, Ryder and JTG for example so it could have been a lot worse. At the end of the day you had 9 former World Champions in the match (12 if you're counting Nash, Khali and JBL but I didn't for obvious reasons) and that's not a bad ratio by any stretch of the imagination. The match itself was enjoyable until the last ten minutes and it really took a downward spiral from there. Although I am happy for Batista to be back, I don't think he as any right winning the Royal Rumble match. Why Bryan wasn't even in the match I have no clue, I don't see why he wasn't allowed have his Rumble moment and I don't think WWE are this pig-headed to ignore the reaction, they're going to have to write Bryan into the title match or a top tier match somehow but it won't be the same and it will feel thrown together. People who are complaining about the people who are unhappy with this decision are being a bit deluded if you ask me. Why shouldn't fans of a pre-determined sport and are aware it is such be unhappy with the direction of a storyline and why shouldn't they be allowed to voice that opinion? Audiences are allowed dislike and voice their dissatisfaction towards concerts, plays, books, sports and T.V shows and WWE is no different from that. The fans have paid their money and supported th product they can do whatever they want.

I'd say Orton, Lesnar, Bryan, Cena, Bray and.....Reigns?

I'd imagine they'll do Punk vs Kane and get that match overwith quickly, so they can move into Punk vs HHH. Meanwhile, they'll want to hold off on Cena vs Bray as a singles match, so they can tease it in the Chamber without giving it 100% away. And Reigns in, with the other two turning on him, setting up a Rollins/Ambrose vs Reigns match at Mania.

I'd say it is set up for Batista vs Bryan now, unless they're planning to completely ignore last night, which wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Will they put Kane in a match though? Possibly, I'm not sure.

I think they could end up putting Punk in Chamber and not open his pod or something.

I'd imagine they'll do Punk vs Kane and get that match overwith quickly, so they can move into Punk vs HHH. Meanwhile, they'll want to hold off on Cena vs Bray as a singles match, so they can tease it in the Chamber without giving it 100% away. And Reigns in, with the other two turning on him, setting up a Rollins/Ambrose vs Reigns match at Mania.

Sheamus?
    CSF wrote: »
    I'd say it is set up for Batista vs Bryan now, unless they're planning to completely ignore last night, which wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

They did a pretty good job ignoring it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Kofi's owed a title shot. ;)

But I would put him in the match for that reason if only to give Orton something else to moan about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Just watched it there. Really didn't enjoy much of it at all. The opener was decent but it was still disappointing to see it as the first match and Bryan losing, would've been fine though it he'd got some Rumble time.
    Thought the Lesnar/Big Show match was the biggest waste of time I've seen in a long time. Nothing happened. Few slaps of a chair, bit of a scuffle, few finishers and it's over.
    Cena/Orton was poor enough fair for almost the opposite reason. They went ridiculously overboard with all the finishers and kick outs to crickets and derision from the crowd. But I expected nothing less so it wasn't exactly a let down.
    The Rumble though... Yeesh. I find it hard to believe that WWE would use one of their most popular events to work their audience by doing what they did last night with Bryan. I felt almost embarrassed for the wrestlers out there being shít on so much. After Rey appeared as number 30 it was car crash stuff. No matter what the last few guys in the ring manage to generate some sort of buzz but that was one of the strangest atmosphere changes I've ever seen at an event. I find it hard to think that WWE could have something planned that would make it all worthwhile.

When was the last time Cena consistently got a positive reaction from an adult audience like Bryan has been getting lately? 2005? Audiences have been booing him for years, the kids will cheer who they're told to, and those kids arent the ones buying the merch and ppvs it's the parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

This years rumble was SO predictable. Before the rumble started, I predicted the final 4. I was correct. And when they were the final 4, I correctly predicted the order of elimination for the final 4. The rumble itself lacked imagination. If most people knew who the 30 participants were gonna be, they could predict that there would only be possibly 2, or 3 at most, superstars who could win. The rumble was crying out for DB to be a participant. How long more is Vince gonna go against the one, who the fans have taken to and chosen to be " the one ". There has been nobody so over with the fans as DB since Stone Cold.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm actually quiet miffed at so many people who've been watching WWE for years expect WWE to give them what they want.

Lets look at the facts,

Bryan was never advertised for the Rumble match,
    Batista signed a 2 year deal and with his ego he was never coming back for anything less than the Main Event of WM30.

Vince/HHH had decided on the Main Event of WM30 as soon as they signed Batista and they were never going to change it despite the Bryan explosion.

After Batista, Lesnar and Reigns are being booked in the next strongest position, Vince is putting a jet pack on Reigns and he's not backing down on it.

Look at the final 3 in the Rumble, Batista, Sheamus and Reigns they all have the big bodybuilder big man look Vince looks for in his WWE superstars.

Even tho it was obvious Batista was positioned to win many lived on hope the WWE would do the right thing and have Bryan enter it and win it, it's never going to happen, it was up there with a Cena heel turn.

People need to remember when the crowd started booing Cena, Vince was quoted as saying, I'll make them cheer him and he continues to shove the same stale Cena product down our throats every week.

The WWE isn't going to change over night. And by the looks of things it isn't going to change anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

First match was much better than I expected. Big Show being hit in the hole with a chair & it getting replayed was priceless. The Title match was rubbish but still marginally better than the car wreck Main Event at TLC. Dunno what to make of the Bryan thing, I wish I could say I have faith in WWE to turn it around but I don't have any faith in them creatively(HHH has been a massive flop despite the optimistic crap wrote in his early days).
    Kevin Nash is the only real shock in the Rumble, Stone Age Outlaws win the tag titles & Batista winning the Rumble is going against the grain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure how an argument can be made for Bryan not being most over right now, including Cena.

Bryan not getting into the rumble at all was obviously done to piss people off and get Bryan even more support. Imo, more support than he would actualy get winning the rumble.

As said before on the thread if they keep stringing people along and antagonising the fans it could backfire. But he is still one if the most important people to them right now.

This was shown from the cage match, allowing Orton and Cena miss RAW as Bryan was there to main event, his interactions with HBK, brilliant match with Orton that
    Orton had to use the low blow to escape with the title, two WWE title wins (not WHC), winning vast vast majority of his matches.

He should be getting a title shot at mania imo but not getting one doesn't mean they are treating him terribly. Its not like he his back hanging around with Gail kim or losing every week to Wade Barett.

Despite him being in an excellant spot and not far off the very too people are still really annoyed. I find the reaction amazing and the way people get so pissed off just prove how over he is.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Reigns being given a push, he looked great in the rumble and has future star written all over him, needs work and all that but hell worse guys have been given bigger pushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bryan vs Wyatt was fúcking brilliant. One of the best matches I've seen in a long time.

Then came Lesnar. Don't get me wrong. I respect the man's athleticism, but he doesn't belong in pro wrestling.
    Is he part of the Kliq 2.0 (3.0 or whatever it is at this stage)?

NAO win the tag team titles, Nash pops up again, Orton holds on to the title (not that I wanted the other jackass to win either), HBK and Flair are there, and fúcking Batista wins the rumble match. Where's Chris Jericho when you need him?

Side note: It was great to see Sheamus back.

Terry wrote: »
    Then came Lesnar. Don't get me wrong. I respect the man's athleticism, but he doesn't belong in pro wrestling.

I'll be honest, I think he is utterly watchable and think he makes WWE far more entertaining. Never know if he'll snap, if he'll drop himself on his head....just feel when he's on my screen, I'm glue to the show.

I'll be honest, I think he is utterly watchable and think he makes WWE far more entertaining. Never know if he'll snap, if he'll drop himself on his head....just feel when he's on my screen, I'm glue to the show.
    This. He isn't an amazing technical wrestler. I don't think that's the point with him. He is the beast and the minute he enters the stage everything gets significantly more interesting. He is what guys like Batista and Ryback wish they were.

• Advertisement
Advertisement