Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble Post PPV Thread - *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say when Mysterio was told he was going to be number 30, his first reaction was "Great. Nice and short run" before realising "Crap! I'd better get a pair of ear plugs"

One thing I did notice was that they should go back to the 40 man rumble. Looking at the list of entrants, if you take out the guest entrants, you still have 25 or 26 regular guys. With the 40 man rumble, at least guys like Ryder, Gabriel, etc. would get a shot. Look at El Matadores. They both came out just to get El Torito in. They didn't get to enter themselves. And no Santino. It may also allow them to call up another NXT guy or 2.

Oh and clearly Ziggler hasn't decided to stop over selling. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Guys, Lesnar is a two-time NCAA champion. His debut feuds were against Angle, arguably the most gifted wrestler to work in the WWE in the past 30 years. Brock is a supremely gifted amateur and technical wrestler. He just isn't booked that way. The guy looks like a monster. It's logical that he's booked as one. It's part of what makes him so good.

Was wondering, why bring Rusev up? I've nothing against him but a recent episode NXT had him in the main event against Leo Kruger, I think, and the crowd was dead. And that's saying something because from the number of NXTs I've watched the crowd usually gets into every match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was wondering, why bring Rusev up? I've nothing against him but a recent episode NXT had him in the main event against Leo Kruger, I think, and the crowd was dead. And that's saying something because from the number of NXTs I've watched the crowd usually gets into every match.
    The same reason Batista wins the Rumble. He is big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

CastorTroy wrote: »

Yeah I found that a bit odd. Usually they introduce new guys after Mania. Is NXT still even broadcast in the U.S?

To be honest, I think the WWE could have gotten away with a lot of the reaction that is coming from the Rumble if it wasn't for the formulaic booking they use. I mean I'm all for strong, sensible booking, and it doesn't make sense for Sin Cara to be beating John Cena every 2nd week, but I personally predicted every result right in the predictions thread last night. Lots of others were the same. One of those matches had 30 competitors in it. But we could predict every one.

The effect takes 2 forms IMO, number 1, the guys who've been through it all before, and like me, weren't arsed to stay up and see how each of these inevitable conclusions were reached, and as a result didn't pay for a PPV that by all rights someone who watches every Raw without fail should be dying to see. But I wasn't arsed to discover how Orton beat Cena (not that I was expecting the way it happened) or how Batista won the Rumble and what number he won it from. Not arsed.

Then you have the poor guys who paid their money to attend or watch via PPV. Everyone was rooting for Bryan, dying for him to come out. Number 30 comes along, it isn't Bryan. Everyone is disappointed. Fair enough. But I think people would have been less angry if there was still a match going on where they didn't already know the conclusion. If you have Sheamus, Reigns, Punk and Batista there and you're really unsure who will win, that creates an interest. Instead the whole crowd knew once Bryan didn't come out, that Batista wins the Rumble. PPV ruined for many with how many minutes left to go?

Seriously, the WWE needs to shake it up a lot more. People need to be in suspense watching matches, not just admiring the technical wrestling on display, because that isn't enough for a lot of people, me one of them.

Watching WWE at the moment is kind of like watching a TV program where someone has already spoiled the ending. I for one hate that person.

Chagan wrote: »
    Yeah I found that a bit odd. Usually they introduce new guys after Mania. Is NXT still even broadcast in the U.S?

As far as I know, yes. At least it's online. And from the end of February, or at least for one episode, it airs live on the WWE network.

Bo came up for the Rumble last year but after a few weeks he was back in NXT fulltime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'll be honest, I think he is utterly watchable and think he makes WWE far more entertaining. Never know if he'll snap, if he'll drop himself on his head....just feel when he's on my screen, I'm glue to the show.

Michael Cole even said it, when Brock enters the arena the atmosphere changes, and it really does, the man is an animal. If there was ever someone put on this earth purely to fcuk people up it was Brock.

Did anyone else laugh when Cole called Cena/Orton "one of the most anticipated rematches in history" who honestly ever wanted to see that match again?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

On the plus side (small joys mostly):

1) I hate seeing people double-jobbing on any PPV so the OCD part of my brain was ok with not seeing D-Bryan (or Wyatt) coming out.

2) Rey Rey irritates me greatly and has done for a long time now so the petty part of my brain enjoyed him getting booed to hell.

3) I like when crowds react against the wishes of the booker. It's a nice reminder of the divide and the fact that the audience is a part of the show that can't be wholly controlled.

4) Sheamus back and showed up well (dumping Langston, another who irks me, pleased me greatly).

5) All three members of the Shield enhanced imo.

6) Bray Wyatt did well (Bryan didn't make that match a success all by himself).

7) Ziggler back.

Torito and (in particular) JBL's cameos annoyed me. Torito's because it's so gimmicky and JBL's because he could surely have done a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

4.32 average; 4.19 if you remove the three most extreme values on each side. To bad WWE don't run similar polls for their viewers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭mikey13

I gave it 2/10 and its a generous bloody 2 it would of got 1 but Roman Reigns was the only glimmer of hope through all the crap.

Wyatt vs Bryan
    Great match but I think maybe the wrong result, hopefully now Bryan will pull away from this rubbish and go towards title or something meaning full.

Big Show vs Brock Lesnar
    What a disappointing load of rubbish. I was actually looking forward to this match! 20mins of big show being hit with a chair isn't what I want to see it was pathetic the fact after the 20mins of show being hit with a chair we got 5minutes of bloody highlights of the "match" as well.

Cena vs Orton
    The crowd said it all. It did become slightly enjoyable when they started do each others moves but that couldn't save it. Now its Cena vs Wyatt I'm happy because give it a few weeks Cena will AA all 3 Wyatt's and we'll never see them again.

Royal Rumble
    What a waste of an hour. They should of done better with Punk and have him cut promos between entrants like a few years ago and then have HHH or HBK eliminate him rather than Kane which was pathetic. Bryan should of entered even if it was to be eliminated by Batista who is a HEEL after last night.

Mick Foley said he was Disgusted and Ashamed at WWE after the PPV and I can't blame him that's how a lot of people felt, it made me question how long I can carry on religiously watching each week and paying for ppvs each month. It made me question why I'm saving all my money for Wrestlemania next year.

You ever know after I've watched Raw later I might feel better.. but let's face it Shame sh*t different night sums up WWE right now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

mikey13 wrote: »
    I gave it 2/10 and its a generous bloody 2 it would of got 1 but Roman Reigns was the only glimmer of hope through all the crap.

Royal Rumble
    What a waste of an hour. They should of done better with Punk and have him cut promos between entrants like a few years ago and then have HHH or HBK eliminate him rather than Kane which was pathetic. Bryan should of entered even if it was to be eliminated by Batista who is a HEEL after last night.

Nope. Vince is continuing to shove him down our throats as a face. That won't change anytime soon either. Vince is quiet stubborn and had a vision when he signed Batista on his 2 year contract, I can't see him having a full heel turn until after WMXXX

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope. Vince is continuing to shove him down our throats as a face. That won't change anytime soon either. Vince is quiet stubborn and had a vision when he signed Batista on his 2 year contract, I can't see him having a full heel turn until after WMXXX

I was happy when it was announced he was returning but I'm starting to regret it now, ideal world Bryan wins Chamber and goes on to fight Batista at mania and Batista could but Bryan over BIG!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was happy when it was announced he was returning but I'm starting to regret it now, ideal world Bryan wins Chamber and goes on to fight Batista at mania and Batista could but Bryan over BIG!

Batista will not put over Bryan, especially not at WM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Anyway to watch the royal rumble? every video I click on contains some gimp playing a computer game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JJayoo wrote: »
    Anyway to watch the royal rumble? every video I click on contains some gimp playing a computer game

Just fyi, piracy talk isn't allowed on boards. Sky box office are still showing repeats for €21.95.

Batista will not put over Bryan, especially not at WM.
    Crazy to think that a man with such little interest would even have the opportunity to decide against a man with so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JJayoo wrote: »

Dailymotion is better than YouTube for this sort of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

3/10, and thats being generous.

>Orton wins due to interference, again

>N.A.O. can get a championship match but the best tag team workers, the Usos, cant.

>US, Intercontinental and Divas belts gathering dust

>Wasted spots on the rumble with the bull thing, Khali (who can barely go at all), JBL and having Mysterio at number 30.

>Punk eliminated should have been an illegal move, a non-entrant shouldnt be able to eliminate anyone

>Batista wins in a weak and predictable finish, working half asleep with Reigns doing all the work

>Barrett, Regal, Axel, McIntyre, Henry could have had great parts in the rumble

Poor Rumble, and now the same old sh*t with Cena/Orton at Elimination chamber

The US title has been gathering dust for months now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    For a while I forgot it existed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

Havent watched wrestling in a few months. Which parts of the ppv are worth watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

deisedude wrote: »
    Havent watched wrestling in a few months. Which parts of the ppv are worth watching?

Bryan v Wyatt will probably end up as one of the WWE matches of the year.

Cena/Orton was decent but we've seen it 624 billion times. Crowd shat on it anyway.

Royal Rumble worth watching just because it's a unique experience seeing the crowd turn like that. Also Reigns looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Ambrose has the 7th longest US Title reign now, and due to overtake Flair & Windham in the next month.

Ambrose has the 7th longest US Title reign now, and due to overtake Flair & Windham in the next month.

And he's done nothing for the belt. Not his fault, WWE just don't book the mid-card titles right anymore. They book them to look semi-relevant for a week, then they're props for the next 4-5 Months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Surely its Brock v Batista to main event Wrestlemania. That sounds like the big man main event that Vince would drool over for a landmark PPV. Bryan doesnt sell PPVs in my opinion.

Surely its Brock v Batista to main event Wrestlemania. That sounds like the big man main event that Vince would drool over for a landmark PPV. Bryan doesnt sell PPVs in my opinion.

No ONE person sells PPVs though I'm not gonna buy Wrestlemania because Batista's headlining same as I wouldn't not buy it is Santino was headlining.. As a fan I'll buy it regardless whatever PPV it is and who's headlining

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Foley's Twitter profile:

tumblr_n02ygpFxJ21rldk2qo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Guys, I dunno if you heard this, but I think Mick Foley is unhappy with this years Rumble

Guys, I dunno if you heard this, but I think Mick Foley is unhappy with this years Rumble

First I've heard of that. You know what he should do, he should smash up his tv, that'll teach Vince!

First I've heard of that. You know what he should do, he should smash up his tv, that'll teach Vince!

Mick is a man of principles, next time Vince calls him for a guest spot he'll tell him where to go.

No ONE person sells PPVs though I'm not gonna buy Wrestlemania because Batista's headlining same as I wouldn't not buy it is Santino was headlining.. As a fan I'll buy it regardless whatever PPV it is and who's headlining

That's the thing, Mania sells itself, it's the show in general not one star or match who people buy it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I enjoyed the Rumble, Wyatt v Bryan was a great match. Cena v Orton wasn't great, but wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, and the Rumble itself was good fun. What ruined it more than anything wasn't the peformance of the wrestlers, but the crowds reactions. Reminded me of the Lesnar v Goldberg match from wrestlemania a few years ago. Completely sucked the excitement out of the arena.

Only giving the win to Roman Reigns could've saved the end.

Forgot to mention it, but I loved the old KOW spot with Cesaro and Punk in place of Hero.

Advertisement