Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wear yer hi-viz lads......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You could see from a few corners previously that chap is riding way beyond his skill set.....only a matter of time before that was gonna happen. Looks to me like he was charging into the corners in the wrong gear and was very lucky it was a bike on the other side of the road instead of a van or truck.

Hope he learned a valuable lesson but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What an idiot. I'd be tempted to turn around and go after him if that was me on the other side of the road. And say nothing when I realise he's bigger than me.

On a lighter note, always be careful of vans and trucks that don't have their load strapped down. (although, it's probably too late by the time something comes off)
    http://i.imgur.com/TeTlchf.gif

TeTlchf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cienciano wrote: »
    What an idiot. I'd be tempted to turn around and go after him if that was me on the other side of the road. And say nothing when I realise he's bigger than me.

On a lighter note, always be careful of vans and trucks that don't have their load strapped down. (although, it's probably too late by the time something comes off)
    http://i.imgur.com/TeTlchf.gif

TeTlchf.gif

Looks like an "Oh dear -est" matress.............:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Knob jockey......

For the rest of us, be safe, be seen!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

What an absolute moron! As Wonda-Boy said, definitely riding outside of his comfort zone and just generally acting the knob. He was lucky it wasn't anything bigger or he'd probably be mangled.

Had something similar to the mattress happen me about 2 years ago. A guy was driving along in a jeep pulling a trailer with a load of those wooden pallets in it and one of the pallets came off. By some miracle everyone on the road managed to avoid it as it cartwheeled across 4 lanes of traffic losing bits as it went and came to a stop in the ditch. The guy in the jeep just kept driving.

• Advertisement

Hi viz useless here.......a very lucky escape and could happen us all.....

http://youtu.be/cZAjJ-g0UDw

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd prefer to just not ride like a total twat. I hate high vis jackets

Only wear them in the night TBH, and even at that its a highly reflective belt over the leathers.

Had something similar to the mattress happen me about 2 years ago. A guy was driving along in a jeep pulling a trailer with a load of those wooden pallets in it and one of the pallets came off. By some miracle everyone on the road managed to avoid it as it cartwheeled across 4 lanes of traffic losing bits as it went and came to a stop in the ditch. The guy in the jeep just kept driving.
    Had a rock hit me before. Came off a trailer of a jeep. The poxy rock was nice and round, about twice the size of a fist, but was bouncing at speed towards me. Didn't have time to get out of the way, but it hopped up slightly as it got near and hit my foot. Thank fúck I was wearing boots!
    Zascar wrote: »
    I'd prefer to just not ride like a total twat. I hate high vis jackets
    Same here, it'll be a cold day in hell before I wear one

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It may be terrible to say, and it very well could be the end of me one day, but personally I'm just not going to spoil the look of my nice leathers and a beautiful bike, to look like a learner on my first day on the roads lol

• Advertisement

Had a rock hit me before. Came off a trailer of a jeep. The poxy rock was nice and round, about twice the size of a fist, but was bouncing at speed towards me. Didn't have time to get out of the way, but it hopped up slightly as it got near and hit my foot. Thank fúck I was wearing boots!

Agree with the yellow tabards......they are pox. Have a black jacket with yellow stripes thru it and a shoei helmut the same....that's my contribution .

Re rocks.....people laugh at me wearing full trouser leathers all the time and thick boots.......I got whacked to by a rock that hit my tibia. It was like a rifle bullet.....only for the leathers and protection I'd have been fughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

I think wearing visible clothing is a good idea, but whoever thought it was hideous yellow or nothing is a very silly man.
    What's wrong with light blue green or white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I think wearing visible clothing is a good idea, but whoever thought it was hideous yellow or nothing is a very silly man.
    What's wrong with light blue green or white?

Yellow is the only of those that stand out no matter what the sunlight is like. remember it's only the scotchlite panels taht actually light up at night, the yellow is for day time visibility.

I've an uncle in the Metro Police over in London who swears he's the one responsible for the Hi-Vis explosion of use.....

Personally I always wear mine, and have no issue if other bikers don't, i do take issue with cnut cyclists who don't wear hi-vis though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

How hi-viz jackets save your life..(or someone elses)....:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZKpY3JZfHU

I dont think its the Hi-Vis that saved him.
    It was just pure luck!
    Gobsh!te like that should learn to drive properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

chrismon wrote: »
    I dont think its the Hi-Vis that saved him.
    It was just pure luck!
    Gobsh!te like that should learn to drive properly.

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

Yellow is the only of those that stand out no matter what the sunlight is like. remember it's only the scotchlite panels taht actually light up at night, the yellow is for day time visibility.

I've an uncle in the Metro Police over in London who swears he's the one responsible for the Hi-Vis explosion of use.....

Personally I always wear mine, and have no issue if other bikers don't, i do take issue with cnut cyclists who don't wear hi-vis though

Don't get me started about cyclists, is there any studies on which colours are of more value then others?

Doesnt need to be a study....black = bad, yellow = good.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Doesnt need to be a study....black = bad, yellow = good.

That's so racist :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Fcuking twat... nearly wiped himself and others out.

That's so racist :pac:

LMAO, I am not racist at all. I eat brown bread and white bread. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement