If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE46F6500

Options
  • 27-01-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Do you stock the Samsung UE46F6500? If so what would be your best price in euros delivered to the south?

I see the same TV offered here with 2 year warranty for 649. (EDIT, plus delivery it is 665)

Cheers,

Stooge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Stooge, thanks for the post

Unfortunately that particular model is not a UK or Irish model and does not have the DVB-T2 tuner on board so may not be capable of receiving all the channels you would like.

The correct UK model is Samsung UE46F6500SBXXU.

Unfortunately I am unable to price beat this as our UK model is a different model and comes with a 5 year warranty instead of the 2 year.

Our current price on the UK model is £749.95 and comes with a 5 year warranty. Delivery would be £29.95.

Hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

stooge wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Do you stock the Samsung UE46F6500? If so what would be your best price in euros delivered to the south?

I see the same TV offered here with 2 year warranty for 649. (EDIT, plus delivery it is 665)

Cheers,

Stooge
    Just to add to Dave's post - the TV advertised here is NOT Saorview approved - this is a European model - iBood have done this several times in Ireland and really whilst we rarely criticise other retailers they should at least alert their Irish Customers to the restrictions on this TV - -f yuo google iBood / saorview / DVB-T you will see this issue has been raised many, many times..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Hi Lads,

Thanks for the update. Is DVB-T definitely not compatible with Saorview then? When you say "Not saorview approved" does that mean that it 'could' work with Soarview but its just not listed by the Saorview website?

To be honest, I'll more than likely have this hooked up to a sky+hd box with a subscription so I'm not sure if I will even use the tuner connection. However, having looked at some of the Ibood links in google I'm thinking now of holding off now.

Cheers,

Stooge

stooge wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Thanks for the update. Is DVB-T definitely not compatible with Saorview then? When you say "Not saorview approved" does that mean that it 'could' work with Soarview but its just not listed by the Saorview website?

To be honest, I'll more than likely have this hooked up to a sky+hd box with a subscription so I'm not sure if I will even use the tuner connection. However, having looked at some of the Ibood links in google I'm thinking now of holding off now.

Cheers,

Stooge
    There are a number of Saorview issues that it wont handle - some of these are features that may be introduced in the future - however the main issue is that it will not display HD channels via Saorview.

I'm not knocking the TV itself - however its not suitable for sale in Ireland, it is a European model - I would also check before you purchase that Samsung will support it under warranty and after warranty ( I'm honestly not saying that they won't but with a purchase of this size, it's worth checking)..

The other item it will not have that the UK/Irl model includes is a Freesat HD approved tuner - I can pretty much guarantee that this unit will not have a Freesat HD approved tuner or EPG.

At the end of the day it's up to you, I'm not saying its a bad TV or not a good deal - but its not a model that is optomised or approved for use in the UK or Ireland and it doesnt conform to the correct spec for this region - if you want to see what chaos can result from that - just search Z81 on Boards...

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I was actually considering buying this so appreciate you raising you concerns in terms of Saorview.

Just wondering if you could maybe recommend an alternative, of similar quality/price. I'm not that interested in the 3D to be honest. It's a nice little bonus but if I could get a better quality panel/features for the same price, by sacrificing the 3D, then I'd opt for that.

Features of most importance to me; high refresh rate, min 42", LED, slim. Suppose I'd expect a Smart TV for such a price but I'd listen to any recommendations.

• Advertisement

Hi Peejay.

I suppose if you are looking at the price of the Samsung, then my question would be - Do you want the best picture / performance for this price or would you prefer something larger with a lesser quality image ?

The best TV that I could suggest would be the Panasonic TXL42ET60  - This is a 42" Full HD, Saorview approved LED, 600Hz processing, passive 3D (so cheaper glasses), smart TV which to be honest has one of the best pictures around the £700 price point and it's currently priced at £619.90 including delivery.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42et60b/pana-txl42et60b

The 47" in this is only £819.90 / 1010 Euro and offers the same specification but in the larger screen.

This compared to the likes of the Samsung UE46F5500 which is a 46" Smart LED, No 3D and 100Hz processing would be the next best option if you are looking something larger but not as good a performer.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue46f5500/sams-ue46f5500

This is priced at the same price of the 42" Panasonic with the Specs on the Panasonic much higher and 3D included. Even the 6500 Samsung which is £749.95 falls short of the Panasonic 47" which is only £50 more.

So in short, if you want the larger screen where the difference in perocmance is more noticeable then I would be wary of going for a larger screen over performance so the Pana 47" would make the most sense.....budget permitting !!

Hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

Hi Peejay.

I suppose if you are looking at the price of the Samsung, then my question would be - Do you want the best picture / performance for this price or would you prefer something larger with a lesser quality image ?

The best TV that I could suggest would be the Panasonic TXL42ET60  - This is a 42" Full HD, Saorview approved LED, 600Hz processing, passive 3D (so cheaper glasses), smart TV which to be honest has one of the best pictures around the £700 price point and it's currently priced at £619.90 including delivery.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42et60b/pana-txl42et60b

The 47" in this is only £819.90 / 1010 Euro and offers the same specification but in the larger screen.

This compared to the likes of the Samsung UE46F5500 which is a 46" Smart LED, No 3D and 100Hz processing would be the next best option if you are looking something larger but not as good a performer.

This is priced at the same price of the 42" Panasonic with the Specs on the Panasonic much higher and 3D included. Even the 6500 Samsung which is £749.95 falls short of the Panasonic 47" which is only £50 more.

So in short, if you want the larger screen where the difference in perocmance is more noticeable then I would be wary of going for a larger screen over performance so the Pana 47" would make the most sense.....budget permitting !!

Hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave. Thanks for the reply.

I ideally wanted to go to 46/47 but would settle for a 42 if it offered a better picture.

Issue I have with the Panasonic is the passive 3D. Yes the glasses are cheap (Samsung only £18 for pair on Amazon though), but doesn't passive 3D output in a lower resolution?

Would you have anything to rival the 6500 at this price point on your website?

http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&sub=155&productid=1375

Edit: Just noticed it's the 40" :(

Also, qouks you be willing to offer a better price if I bought a 5.1 system at the same time.

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Hi Peejay.

Hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave. Thanks for the reply.

I ideally wanted to go to 46/47 but would settle for a 42 if it offered a better picture.

Issue I have with the Panasonic is the passive 3D. Yes the glasses are cheap (Samsung only £18 for pair on Amazon though), but doesn't passive 3D output in a lower resolution?

Would you have anything to rival the 6500 at this price point on your website?

http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&sub=155&productid=1375

Edit: Just noticed it's the 40" :(
    Peejay,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have been out of the office most of the morning.

I'm not sure where Dave got his pricing, but I agree with his choice - the TXL47ET60 would without doubt be my top choice in this region - the picture quality is just exceptional and I feel is significantly better than the UE46F6500 - the 600Hz motion processing of course helps but I feel in every respect the ET60 is better than the F6500, with far more natural colours and deeper blacks and better movement than the Sammy.

On the 3D issue, yes the ET60 is passive whilst the F6500 is active, there) are fans of both technologies - Active technically is better as it works in full HD mode, however the glasses are heavier and have to be charged prior to use ( I find whenever I go to get them that they are always flat :( ) Lots of Customers and generally people say that Active 3D is harder to watch for a prolonged period. Passive 3D is no doubt easer to watch and the glasses are far less expensive - which means that you can use 3D as it was intended, for a bit of fun, when watching a movie with a load of people - If you are into 3D as a main driver for your purchase and you are happy to use the heavier glasses then active is the way forward. If 3D is a feature that you may use ocassionally, I really wouldnt allow it to influence your judgement.

Given the interest in the 46F6500 and the 47ET60 - I'll offer the 47ET60 to Boardies for the next couple of days at £699.95/ €869.99 with free delivery ( it's currently on offer at €999 at another major retailer - which is currently the best price I can see in the ROI)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Peejay...sorry one of my colleagues just pointed out a typo on the last post. 

The 47ET60 is £719 / 889 Euro including delivery, not £819...making the 47" only £100 more than the 42" and £200 cheaper than the 50" model. It's the best value size on that model.

There is a real argument about passive vs active. Active does produce a better 3D effect but you then have the cost issue and the glasses require a power source, either battery or re-chargeable battery which means the glasses have to be ready to use, whereas the passive glasses, just lift and go. Active glasses can also have a "flicker" which some users can experience. The amount of 3D content that I would watch would not sway the decision of which TV has the best picture because at the end of the day, the amount of 3D viewing is likely to be a small percentage of the total.

At the moment Samsung do not really have a similar model to the Pana. The closest is the UE46F6500 which is priced at £749.95 with delivery at £19.95.

We can look at a system price with a 5.1 system for you. 

Have you any thoughts on what sort of system you would like for the room ?

What type of speakers, features, components, budget ???? or would you like us to make a few recommendations.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Have you any thoughts on what sort of system you would like for the room ?

What type of speakers, features, components, budget ???? or would you like us to make a few recommendations.
    I was looking at this:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/home-cinema-systems/yamaha/yht-199/yama-yht199

It'll be our first 5.1 system so I didn't really want to go high-end just yet. Just something to give better sound on the flat screens. No need for a DVD/Blu-Ray player as we have the Xbox to do that.

Only thing that concerns me about that Yamaha is the size of the amp. Looks huge!

Hi Peejay, the Yamaha is a decent system and certainly good value for money.

I would suggest doing it slightly differently : 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/yamaha/nsp40/yama-nsp40-blk

This is a similar speaker package that comes in the 199 package but the receiver in the package is a custom made scaled down receiver called an HTR2866.

I personally would swap this for the What Hifi receiver of the year <£300 and end up with a much better system.

The RXV375 is much better sounding and it also have the auto mic calibration which makes setting up the receiver simple.

This would work out at £299.95 but is well worth the difference.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Peejay1986,

many thanks for the post and unfortunately (again) the 46F6500 that Pixmania advertise is NOT the same as the 46F6500 that we sell or that most other Irish / UK retailers sell - to be fair to Pixmania (unlike iBood from earlier in this thread) at least they do state that its not a DVB-T2 model:
    'This TV does not have a DVB-T2 tuner for Freeview HD capture.
    SMART TV services may not be available in certain countries.'

The tuner in this model is completely different and it does not have a DVB-T2 tuner which you will need for Freeview HD or Saorview HD - This is a mainland European model that is not designed to be used in the UK / IRL - it also does not have the Freesat HD tuner on board that the UK/Irl model has which means that you won't have the Freesat HD interface...

We would love to be able to beat this pricing,and we normally have no problem doing pricebeats, but we won't pricebeat this as it's an inferior TV,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.