Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Il Divo coming to Cork In June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ultra Classic

A boost like this is just what Cork needs. Well done to the Symphony Orchestra on yet another coup for the Leesiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Expunge

I see tickets are priced from 79 to 99 Euro.

Seriously? For an amateur orchestra and a Karaoke group?

I'm sure the tone-deaf denziens of Cork will shell it out, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Expunge wrote: »
    I see tickets are priced from 79 to 99 Euro.

Seriously? For an amateur orchestra and a Karaoke group?

I'm sure the tone-deaf denziens of Cork will shell it out, though.

Bit harsh don't you think Expunge? I'm not sure the likes of Il Divo would come to play with an orchestra that wasn't up to the standard. The Cork Symphony have been getting some big names recently with sellout concerts and for a 'Karaoke group' as you call Il Divo, they seem to do pretty well!

What is it about the Irish and begrudgery...can't actually just say, fair play to them for going for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Expunge

I have heard the City of Cork Symphony Orchestra. It's grand as amateur orchestras go. It has a fabulous tradition and good luck to 'em.

I have no doubt that financial considerations are number 1 for the Il Divo machine and artistic standards come somewhere behind that. Same for the management of Katherine Jenkins OBE.

It's typical that any questioning of prices and standards is called begrudgery.

It's not unreasonable in the Classical Forum to point out that ticket prices of 79 to 99 Euro for an amateur orchestra and a covers group in an antiquated rugby park is probably not good value.

If however you want unquestioned cheerleading for this 'concert', I'd suggest the Event Junkie forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Meh. Hacks. Good for Cork though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement