Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in my area? when?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Wondering can you check is there plans for the crossbarry, cork exchange to be broadband enabled in the near future?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

corkcuu wrote: »
    Wondering can you check is there plans for the crossbarry, cork exchange to be broadband enabled in the near future?
    Thanks
    Hi corkcuu

I've tried to check this but I can only find crossbarry connected to the Innishannon exchange (which is already broadband enabled)

Can you advise on a specific address or landline number you would like me to check?

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corkcuu

Hi phone number is 0214612016.
    Thanks

Hi phone number is 0214612016.
    Thanks

Hi corkcuu

I can confirm that your line is connected to the CrossBarry Axe exchange and I'm very sorry to confirm that at this moment in time there are no plans scheduled to upgrade this exchange.

I wish I could offer better news and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corkcuu

Thanks for getting back to me.
    It's absolutely crazy, am living 20 minutes from cork city centre and can not get broadband on my landline.
    I just don't see why exchanges are being upgraded for faster broadband when there are still exchanges without basic broadband.
    Sorry for the rant, know its not you're decision its just so frustrating. I kept my landline last year cos I was told by an eircom rep on the phone that it would be broadband enabled by january. I'm now going to get rid of the landline.

Thanks for getting back to me.
    It's absolutely crazy,  am living 20 minutes from cork city centre and can not get broadband on my landline.
    I just don't see why exchanges are being upgraded for faster broadband when there are still exchanges without basic broadband.
    Sorry for the rant, know its not you're decision its just so frustrating.  I kept my landline last year cos I was told by an eircom rep on the phone that it would be broadband enabled by january.  I'm now going to get rid of the landline.
    Hi corkcuu

I can totally understand your feelings on this and I'm really sorry I cannot offer better news.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement