Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Food Adventures

• 27-01-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

As some of you may know, one of our cats (MIcky) had a health scare recently and now, that he is more or less back to his normal self, he has to go on a no carb / low card diet.
    So I ordered a big parcel of different brands of grain-free wet foods from Zooplus.de (incidentally not much more expensive than the usual supermarket brands, all contain protein only no grain or vegetable fillers) which the postie lugged to my kitchen table this morning :).
    I thought I'd chronicle the experiences here :P
    So far the three of them got:
    1x 200 g tin of Animonda multi meat cocktail (lol the names they come up with). It actually looks nice and doesn't smell too bad, a paste-like consistency. Gave about 1 good thrid of the the tin too Micky who gobbled it up in record time and demanded more. The rest went to the other two (Pudsy the Queen and Sammi the Kitten) who showed quite some enthusiasm. All was gone pretty quickly.

About an hour later, 2 teaspoons of Bozita Sensitive diet and stomach, Elk in Jelly. Little chunks in jelly, again not as smelly and as liquidy as the usual pouches. Seemed less of a hit, but then Micky was still pretty full from his feed earlier and was just chancing it, lol.

Shall update over the next couple of days - knowing that lot it will go from the best food ever to puh bah and back again xD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Hope it works out - I can recommend Thrive from Zooplus aswell.

Their wet and dry food is grain free, and the wet food is carb free.

(I haven't ordered or looked into the dry myself, but the carb sources are way down the list, so probably very low carb %)

They do single protein source, but not novel protein.

Hope your fella continues to improve :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Further feline taste testing has revealed:

Bozita sensitive diet & stomach: Pooh Bah - Will eat only when in dire need
    Bozita Beef Chunks in GRavy: Slightly better than the sensitive, but no enthusiasm. Was eaten eventually but not with any signs of enthusiasm. Pudz The Queen won't even touch it.
    Animonda Multi Meat: "Oh yea - gimme more" from all three. Gobbled up in no time!
    Smilla Chicken with Lamb: Enthusiastic "we reallly like it" from all three. Polished all off.

Conclusion so far: Swedish stuff is out (sorry Swedes). The more paste-like consistency foods seem to be the hit for now.

And yes, Micky is back to normal, off all meds and currently eating for Ireland :P

Advertisement