Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YES you can have eFibre.... NO you can't get eFibre !

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I wanted to get efibre which is enabled in my area. Rang eircom... yeah thats no problem. Have to get a phone first...fine. Phone in and working fine on Friday. Eircom engineer says now you can apply for eFibre.

I'm in an eFibre area and connected to the new green box and others near me have eFibre and when I enter my number on line it says.. no problem .. and when i check my actually number it says no problem 50mb download .... great all's go...but NO !

1901 says.. no you have to get regular BB at 17mb and then upgrade !! Friend is in Eircom here in town and he says your line test was good and no problem.... So please why can I not just get my eFibre.

Eircom are advertising eFibre bundles for NEW CUSTOMERS... I'm a new customer in an eFibre area which a new line leading to a new green box , engineers (3) have told me no problem, neighbours have it BUT 1901 says NO... 

HELP !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

irish1967 wrote: »
    Hi there

I wanted to get efibre which is enabled in my area. Rang eircom... yeah thats no problem. Have to get a phone first...fine. Phone in and working fine on Friday. Eircom engineer says now you can apply for eFibre.

I'm in an eFibre area and connected to the new green box and others near me have eFibre and when I enter my number on line it says.. no problem .. and when i check my actually number it says no problem 50mb download .... great all's go...but NO !

1901 says.. no you have to get regular BB at 17mb and then upgrade !! Friend is in Eircom here in town and he says your line test was good and no problem.... So please why can I not just get my eFibre.

Eircom are advertising eFibre bundles for NEW CUSTOMERS... I'm a new customer in an eFibre area which a new line leading to a new green box , engineers (3) have told me no problem, neighbours have it BUT 1901 says NO... 

HELP !!!
    Hi irish1967

Please pm me your landline number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

PM sent yesterday evening (Monday 27/1/14

Just an update on this. Got my regular BB wifi router today. And within 2 mins of getting it rang Eircom technical support who were great. They were totally mystified as to why I was told my line was unsuitable for efibre.

Tested it straight away and it has 40mb download no problem. Passed me to efibre department who agreed and were equally mystified as to the unsuitable line issues. Efibre going in next Tues.

Why oh why would could I not get this answer a week ago. I would be annoyed except I'm laughing so much at Eircom.

I did my very best to explain to customer care that the line was suitable as 3 engineers and Eircom.net both said it was but nooooo.

Cheers anyway. Needed a laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Just an update on this. Got my regular BB wifi router today. And within 2 mins of getting it rang Eircom technical support who were great. They were totally mystified as to why I was told my line was unsuitable for efibre.

Tested it straight away and it has 40mb download no problem. Passed me to efibre department who agreed and were equally mystified as to the unsuitable line issues. Efibre going in next Tues.

Why oh why would could I not get this answer a week ago. I would be annoyed except I'm laughing so much at Eircom.

I did my very best to explain to customer care that the line was suitable as 3 engineers and Eircom.net both said it was but nooooo.

Cheers anyway. Needed a laugh :)
    Apologies that you received conflicting info on this irish1967. Seems straight forward.
    Happy to read that all went well in the end.. if you do have any other query let us know and we will get correct answer.
    Tony

Ummmm. I already recieced a PM from your co-worker telling me that after checking my line was indeed unsuitable. He suggested I make an offical complaint.
    All the time I kept saying that the engineers here in town categorically told me there was no problem. I explained this over and over but NO ONE believed me.
    Then miraculously all of a sudden I was correct. I don't know... I just ... Ah well

Now let's see what happens next Tuesday AM when efibre is to be installed.. My friends here in Eircom tell me that all the KN Networks guys have been moved to limerick. This should be interesting since they have installed all my friends eFibre in the last few weeks.
    We'll see !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ummmm. I already recieced a PM from your co-worker telling me that after checking my line was indeed unsuitable. He suggested I make an offical complaint.
    All the time I kept saying that the engineers here in town categorically told me there was no problem. I explained this over and over but NO ONE believed me.
    Then miraculously all of a sudden I was correct. I don't know... I just ... Ah well

Now let's see what happens next Tuesday AM when efibre is to be installed.. My friends here in Eircom tell me that all the KN Networks guys have been moved to limerick. This should be interesting since they have installed all my friends eFibre in the last few weeks.
    We'll see !
    Hi irish1967

Apologies for the conflicting information, I do hope all goes well with this.

Al

Advertisement