Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect cctv to tv

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    There is a cctv camera up over the front door of my house pointing down on the cars in my driveway. It was installed into the house by the previous owners. The cables are running into the office upstairs. I have a flatscreen tv in the office upstairs so I was wondering is the some way I can connect that to the tv? It doesn't need to record to anything I just want the video stream on the screen so that when I am working uptairs that I can just have it on?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes you could. What inputs are on the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes you could. What inputs are on the TV?

there is vga,hdmi and scart and the ones with the white yellow and red cables

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah the video in on that yellow socket would take a direct connection from the camera..

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yeah the video in on that yellow socket would take a direct connection from the camera..

These are the connections that are coming from the camera into the room.

http://yesccd.com/Products/CX-402BCable.html

Is there a different one I can connect them to so I can connect it to the tv?

You just need a BNC to phone adapter
    BNC-Socket-Phono-Plug.jpg

You will get them in any security suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

Would the OP not need a 12v power supply for the cam?

He would. I didn't get into that as he only asked about connecting it to a TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

My parents have an ''RF Modulator'' in the attic and the cameras go to all the TVs in the house.
    I know someone who always had their cameras displayed on their TV in the kitchen. It ruined their TV, you can see the camera images when watching another channel. It's not live, just like an imprint or something!

PeteK* wrote: »
    I know someone who always had their cameras displayed on their TV in the kitchen. It ruined their TV, you can see the camera images when watching another channel. It's not live, just like an imprint or something!

That was more an issue with older monitors. Which is why we invented screen savers.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

It wasn't even a monitor, it was their TV on the wall! lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement