Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millionaires shortbread – Caramel

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I am new to baking and have been trying a few things out. I did a millionaires shortbread at the weekend and it worked out really well, the shortbread was a piece of piss and really tasty.

I used Carnation caramel and just scoped that on directly from the tin, while really convenient to use, I found it bloody sweet and a bit runny. You take a bite and the caramel oozes out the sides of the slice.
    So I am looking for a homemade caramel, that’s not as super sweet as the Carnation stuff and with a bit of body that won’t ooze so much.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Faith has an unreal Millionaire's Shortbread recipe over in the cooking club. The caramel is so good I've burnt myself eating it from the pot before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74728818

IMG_0161.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've made Faith's recipe too and the caramel is perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ms_wobbly

I've made these caramel squares from the cooking club a few times now, they are absolutely gorgeous!

Advertisement