Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to go alone somewhere to chill/work by myself for a few weeks(or months)

• 27-01-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭

I got some savings of maybe 10k and working freelance(not very reliable), and can do some work from home, although not guaranteed.

Im going crazy sitting in ireland, ive been meaning to emigrate for years but things keep cropping up, i planned on just moving straight to groningen/netherlands for a year or something at least, but on reflelction i should just go somewhere for a few weeks or maybe months first and see how that feels first.

I just want somewhere cheap and nice atmosphere i can be alone and relax/read/exercise, and do some work or personal projects to increase my skills. (programming stuff). I have no ties here i could just get on a plane tomorrow with my laptop and thats all i need and wouldnt need to come back, i live pretty cheap, dont mind living in a tiny place as long as theres cheap food nearby and i can use my laptop. I dont really drink, i spend most of my money on cigarettes. I cant drive thats kind of a problem for more secluded places, and also why netherlands sounded good because everyone cycles, especially groningen.

I was thinking all sorts of stuff like:
    - small bedsit in groningen in the netherlands for a while. (this was initial long term plan)
    - secluded cabin in the wood in sweden (always liked swedish music and the language)
    - cheap place near the beach in thailand.(although last time i went to SE asia i ended up partying hard).

tldr
    - Somewhere cheapish for a few weeks(or months) i can live in privacy/quiet
    - Going to need internet for work
    - Europe would be preferable because cheap flights and can come back quickly and cheaply and wouldnt need a visa or anything.

I cant seem to stick to any plan and constantly coming up with new ideas and chaning my mind, id like to have some plan set for a few weeks starting in mid-march, and book flights asap and stick to it. Maybe its a stupid plan altogether i dont know, im just going crazy here.

So i think i actually need some advice from people if anyone has any ideas or pointers?
    Open to anything

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

Wow. Sure you can go anywhere!

In Europe, I have images of relaxing/writing a small village/town in Southern France or Italy. You could also go to Istanbul too, just for a bit more 'difference'?

Advertisement