Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault reported, but no record of it

Options
  • 27-01-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I reported a line down on Saturday at 12:22. Today I called again to confirm some information, and was told there was no record of the fault. despite me giving my number, and the pole number where the fault had occurred.

What the hell?? If I hadn't called again to confirm, this would have gone on 'unreported'. Have you any explanation that might make this acceptable?

Also, 3 working day lead time?? That's a disgrace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerryk wrote: »
    I reported a line down on Saturday at 12:22. Today I called again to confirm some information, and was told there was no record of the fault. despite me giving my number, and the pole number where the fault had occurred.

What the hell?? If I hadn't called again to confirm, this would have gone on 'unreported'. Have you any explanation that might make this acceptable?

Also, 3 working day lead time?? That's a disgrace.
    Hi gerryk

I really do not have an explanation to this however I do aplogise for the inconvenience this created. There is a three working day repair period in place for line faults. Due to the high level of issues on the network I have been advised that this is the best timeframe eircom can offer.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Yeah, fair enough on the lead time. I just find it frustrating when I have to chase stuff down, since you kind of have me over a barrel in terms of being able to 'shop around'.
    Also, since we're on the topic... couple of comments on the entire call-in experience:

1. The bit where the system asks for the phone number... 3 repeats, and it failed to recognise it every time. The same this morning.
    2. When the system offers to recognise you again from your phone number does not work, and has never worked, but yet I still have to wait 30 seconds for the entire speil.
    3. To be honest, the whole voice recognition thing is a bit clunky and long-winded in general. Now maybe that's the aim... delay people getting into the queue as long as possible, but from a UX perspective, it sucks. Hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerryk wrote: »
    Yeah, fair enough on the lead time. I just find it frustrating when I have to chase stuff down, since you kind of have me over a barrel in terms of being able to 'shop around'.
    Also, since we're on the topic... couple of comments on the entire call-in experience:

1. The bit where the system asks for the phone number... 3 repeats, and it failed to recognise it every time. The same this morning.
    2. When the system offers to recognise you again from your phone number does not work, and has never worked, but yet I still have to wait 30 seconds for the entire speil.
    3. To be honest, the whole voice recognition thing is a bit clunky and long-winded in general. Now maybe that's the aim... delay people getting into the queue as long as possible, but from a UX perspective, it sucks. Hard.
    Hi gerryk

Apologies for this, I'll certainly provide this as feedback to operations.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement