Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 27-1-14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Or Brock out to destroy them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Forgot about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Awful ending to a quality match.

Shame about the end but I really don't know why anyone would want The Shield in the EC match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Shield vs Wyatts is gonna happen? :eek:

Reigns looking like a boss again tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Shield vs Wyatts is gonna happen? :eek:

Reigns looking like a boss again tonight.

Hopefully, would be a great match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

What a stupid ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Really glad the Wyatts attacked Cena not Bryan

Jester252 wrote: »

Yeah it's 10 weeks til 'Mania, some continuity til then would be excellent.

• Advertisement

Well they are in a programme with Cena?

Mokuba wrote: »
    What a stupid ending.

If it sets up Shield vs Wyatts im fine with it.

The way Cole and JBL were talking would suggest that it is.

Good show all around.

No Punk tonight? Wonder if he got hurt in the chokeslam spot.
    Shame about the end but I really don't know why anyone would want The Shield in the EC match.

It's fresh, and they more than deserve a chance.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's fresh, and they more than deserve a chance.

Fresh? So what? It would make the first half of the match obsolete til one was caught with a sneaky pin.

EDIT: The end books well, they don't get the EC chance but they still look strong enough. 2/3 will still be around in a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Good match,Bryan's in the chamber which is all that matters so finish doesn't really bother me.

Possibly setting up Wyatt's vs Shield at EC too.

Well they are in a programme with Cena?

They are also in a programme with Bryan but hopefully both of them are dropped not that the Shield have a reason to fight the Wyatts.

I wonder who will get the last two spots in the chamber. My money is on Brock and ADR.

• Advertisement

Brock and Punk would be my guess,unless Punk is injured or something.

They are also in a programme with Bryan but hopefully both of them are dropped not that the Shield have a reason to fight the Wyatts.

I wonder who will get the last two spots in the chamber. My money is on Brock and ADR.

No, the Bryan programme ended.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

No, the Bryan programme ended.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

It is the WWE, they can still pull some sh1t. I won't be happy that the programme has ended until we get pass Smackdown and next weeks Raw with the Wyatts not going anywhere near Bryan.

Fresh? So what? It would make the first half of the match obsolete til one was caught with a sneaky pin.

EDIT: The end books well, they don't get the EC chance but they still look strong enough. 2/3 will still be around in a year.

How would it make it obsolete? They could easily start with Reigns plus one and leave Ambrose and Rollins to five and six. It's a B-level PPV and their is no way Orton loses the title. All the build has been him vs Batista. If you're going to try out new main eventers, that's the time to do it.

How would it make it obsolete? They could easily start with Reigns plus one and leave Ambrose and Rollins to five and six. It's a B-level PPV and their is no way Orton loses the title. All the build has been him vs Batista. If you're going to try out new main eventers, that's the time to do it.
    The would render the 40-80% part of the match obsolete then :pac:

• Advertisement

The would render the 40-80% part of the match obsolete then :pac:

The whole match is obsolete really. Orton is retaining.

The whole match is obsolete really. Orton is retaining.
    That's true. Sticking The Shield in would be a waste though IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd have rathered have Reigns in it in some fashion. Have him beat a few top guys before Orton retains.

Still, Bryan is in, even if he and the other two celebrating earning a title shot in such a bad way seemed utterly....I can't even think of a word. Pathetic? "Yeay, we couldn't beat them, but we're getting a title shot anyway! We're great!"

We're also in a position right now where our top two proper feuds are both heel on heel; Wyatts vs Shield will have a good atmosphere about it, but who do the crowd cheer? I guess they'll move towards Reigns, but I'd be shocked if the Wyatts don't win, so in other words, we've got another big match where we know the result 3 weeks out.

And Orton vs Batista, with a little Brock thrown in, is another one where the crowd are booing them all, granted for different reasons. I know WWE want Batista to be face, but he won't be after how they handled the Rumble. And he's done nothing yet which could make him a face either, other than bad-mouth Orton. Fans don't have any reason to cheer him right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lesnar tried to hold the show hostage by attacking the two guys the Fac-gime never wanted to rehire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Maybe Im nuts and im most likely 100% wrong, but I can see Bryan being WWE Champion at the end of Wrestlemania. Its a nuts theory but hes even more over for not being in the rumble. I think it could be a masterstroke of booking by WWE (maybe im giving them waaaay too much credit) IF it was done intentionally. The fans want nothing but Bryan in the Main Event now thanks to his non appearance in the rumble and judging by the opening promo with Hunter and Bryan, not too mention Batista not really being overly babyface is making me think, Daniel will lose the chamber and some how get added to the main event at WM some how.

Im a dreamer aint I?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im a dreamer aint I?

Yes! You are, but you're not the only one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feed me Seymour

Long Time Reader, first time poster.

I can see Daniel Bryan actually winning the EC and going on to fight Batista at WMXXX. The buildup between the two ppv's could be about the last time Bryan held the title going into WM and losing in 18 seconds. I have a feeling Batista will be forced to turn heel and align himself with the 'Authority'. Maybe even have both Orton and Batista in the WM main event with Bryan.

With that scenario, Fans get to see Bryan hold the Undisputed title for at least 6 weeks. Think Eddie G winning from Brock before WM 20. It would dilute a title defence at wm slightly, but at least the fans wouldnt fear him losing the title on the post wm raw if he was to win it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Only watched the first 15 minutes of Raw last night, recorded the rest, i'm glad Daniel Bryan voiced his displeasure at both Hunter & Stephanie, and telling Stephanie to step aside and staring down Hunter - me thinks confrontation is on the cards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

God the midcard is so dull, there's never been so much talent and yet it feels like they show the same match every single week.

I havent bothered to watch a full show all the way through in so long

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

God the midcard is so dull, there's never been so much talent and yet it feels like they show the same match every single week.

I havent bothered to watch a full show all the way through in so long

Understatement of the day right there,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Disappointing Raw overall. How in the name of God did Miz ever main event a Wrestlemania is truly beyond me. Can see Orton retaining at EC, Taker might show up and distract Brock leading to their Mania match. Think it'll be Punk v Kane at EC also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Shield vs The Wyatt family in a War Games Style chamber match would be cool. 6 pods, 6 superstars. Easily doable and different, make Reigns and Bray the stars, Roman more so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWInsider's provides the reason for the filler undercardtastic edition of Raw:
    The original plan for last night's Raw was to feature a number of qualifying matches for the Elimination Chamber match that will headline the 2/23 PPV of the same name.

When Vince McMahon decided the show needed to be rewritten late in the day, the qualifiers were dropped in favor of the six man tag, with the decision to drop other segments.

The original plan featured CM Punk wrestling in one of the qualifiers as well as follow-up on the Kane attack of Punk. The decision was made to focus on that storyline next week, so Punk was held off the show to sell the angle.

We noted last night that The Big Show was also selling the Brock Lesnar attack and that's why he was held off the taping. Show actually went home to Florida early Monday, so he wasn't even backstage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Shield vs The Wyatt family in a War Games Style chamber match would be cool. 6 pods, 6 superstars. Easily doable and different, make Reigns and Bray the stars, Roman more so

THIS. This I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Anyone else think the EC title match could be Orton, Lesnar, Batista, Cena, Seamus and Bryan? Would be amazing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For the US Title

I loved the sign Bootista :p

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the EC title match could be Orton, Lesnar, Batista, Cena, Seamus and Bryan? Would be amazing :)

Why would Batista be in it? He has a WM match in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Interesting that Batista was heelish, its hard to see them doing a Heel vs Heel match for the title at Mania.

Could also throw Bray into the championship chamber along with Punk if they don't do Shield vs Wyatts.Bray could batter Cena after he's been eliminated to set up their Mania match,or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

I wasn't that big on two chamber matches in one night but that'd do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

What did you all make of hunter openly mocking the fans at the beginning of the show? Is he just a prick/ in character? Was it a direct reference to the fans outrage of what happened at the Rumble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What did you all make of hunter openly mocking the fans at the beginning of the show? Is he just a prick/ in character? Was it a direct reference to the fans outrage of what happened at the Rumble?

It's cute how H and Steph play ignorant, condescending pricks who don't care what the fans want, isn't it! This would be great if it wasn't actually the case and they actually pushed the most popular wrestlers instead of just looking after their mates. I bet they're delusional enough to believe the heat their booking gets is just their characters being so over... and that's why Stephanie's $300,000/year as an on-screen performer is worth every penny.

I thought it was pretty funny to be fair.I knew he wouldn't be able to resist having a dig at the OTT smarky Bryan/Rumble outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GrampaSimpson-ColumnA-B.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn't hate that Raw at all, but it is all about where they go from here, if they're going to stick with the formula and go Orton vs Batista at Wrestlemania (and I'm inclined to think they will) it is the beginning of the end.

• Advertisement

I thought it was hilarious tbh. And you can't blame them as I can only imagine the sort of ****e they get tweeted at them.
    CSF wrote: »
    I didn't hate that Raw at all, but it is all about where they go from here, if they're going to stick with the formula and go Orton vs Batista at Wrestlemania (and I'm inclined to think they will) it is the beginning of the end.

They can still do that but make it a triple threat with Bryan thrown in.

Even a fatal four way with Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious tbh. And you can't blame them as I can only imagine the sort of ****e they get tweeted at them.

They can still do that but make it a triple threat with Bryan thrown in.

Even a fatal four way with Brock.

I guess it can be a triple threat if Bryan wins at EC as Batista has the title shot, Orton will be due a rematch so its seems a logical way to involve all three. Then you can have Batista pin Orton and walk out champion to a chorus of boos and work a programme with Bryan as a heel. Also strictly speaking Bryan wont have been pinned so can still look strong throughout the summer. Ideally Bryan comes out of duel with belp but seems more likely Batista is getting a long run as champion ultimately

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Batista looks to be the Authority's guy to me going forward (after Mania), the way they spoke about him at the start of the show was a big clue.

I dont expect Orton v Batista when Mania rolls around. Brock v Batista more likely. Seeds were sown before Batista return.

News sites can get good info but WWE change their minds a lot as well as letting bad info out , last February they were saying Taker wouldn't even have a match at 29. We were hearing Bryan v Kane, Sheamus v Henry neither happened.

I think the card is less clear than many think.

Edit: or maybe that should be hope its less clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Some things I wondered watching that Raw:
    Was it in the same venue as the Rumble, because the padding that caused Rollins' fall also came away on Sunday night.
    Now that Billy Gunn is active again, will we get a Gunn/Ziggler match?
    Will they rename Reigns' Superman Punch the Cena/SuperCena punch?

Anyone else notice how crap Naomi is at doing her moves? She just seems to do the motions but doesn't connect a lot of the time, resulting in her opponent having to go down after being hit by the slight breeze

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Some things I wondered watching that Raw:
    Was it in the same venue as the Rumble, because the padding that caused Rollins' fall also came away on Sunday night.
    Now that Billy Gunn is active again, will we get a Gunn/Ziggler match?
    Will they rename Reigns' Superman Punch the Cena/SuperCena punch?

Anyone else notice how crap Naomi is at doing her moves? She just seems to do the motions but doesn't connect a lot of the time, resulting in her opponent having to go down after being hit by the slight breeze

Naomi's arsenal is awful. If it wasn't for Total Divas she would be a jobber and dancer, not getting involved in the title picture.

• Advertisement
Advertisement