Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry’s Fresh Foods Bryanstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Hopefull they will rehire the Staffords staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

kbell wrote: »
    Hopefull they will rehire the Staffords staff?

True, they would be a credit to any shop

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Soodle

Does anyone know if this store and the post office has re-opened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

No, still closed.

CPL 593H

Does anyone know when this store will be re-opening. Is there any signs it is to open soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 clarebear82

The girls in the post office in ballsgrove said it meant to be opening up around easter. Don't know who taken over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

No signs of anything happening to it yet. Everything still as it was (hand written signs, notices, etc). Never realised how much I used it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eurosceptic

I did see a small Musgrave truck pulling away from behind Stafford's the other day....could be shelf filling????

Thanks for this, I found out today that they are currently being refurbished so lets hope they open up in the next few weeks.

Oh good to know, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So the word is now that whatever was happening there has fallen through and it won't be opening for the foreseeable future :(

Though the post office crowd are trying to get something opened up in Southgate now, which would be awesome for those of us in Grange Rath :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eurosceptic

Quick update - some fella named Gerry from Skerries is opening up the old Stafford's shop in the very near future. No other details at this time other than he currently owns outlet(s) in Skerries.

Well, it is possible that there is more than 1 Gerry in Skerries, but I'd be happy presuming this is him all the same: http://www.gerrys.ie/

Sadly, he's apparently told the Post Office he's not interested in having them there :(

Was speaking to another local retailer recently who said it's quite expensive to get them into your store, and although he'd happily get them in if he could, he couldn't justify the money nor could he get it from banks if he could.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Spotted the shutters opened yesterday and what looked like electrical trade men inside working away!

We're looking at early September. Will be glad to have a trading shop back there.

http://droghedalife.com/791/86178/a/gerrys-new-fresh-foods-store-to-provide-20-jobs-and-post-office-at-bryanstown

Post office back? Hooray!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Anybody pop in or has it not opened up yet?

It's open, but I haven't been in yet!

initial impressions are that it doesnt carry the same range and variety of products as staffords did. theres a bit less shelving and a bit more floorspace than before. it was day one though so the layout might not be finished yet.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

mejulie805 wrote: »
    It's open, but I haven't been in yet!

Good beer selection, so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

drogdub wrote: »
    Good beer selection, so happy days.

Yep, and wine. And the vegetable selection looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is there a deli/hot counter section in the shop now? Staffords was handy for a quick lunch when I'd be passing by.

There is.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

markc1184 wrote: »
    Is there a deli/hot counter section in the shop now? Staffords was handy for a quick lunch when I'd be passing by.

I was in today around 10am
    Tbh there wasn't a great selection

Advertisement