Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line installation

Options
  • 27-01-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Eircom,

I am looking to get a phone line installed in my house. We never ran cables for a phone line when doing the groundworks. The house itself is wired but there is no phone line cables ran in from the road. ( i live in a rural area )

I am just wondering if it is possible to run the cables in from the road over ground or do the have to be run undeground.

We have all of our lawns done etc so we are reluctant to dig up our lawns to get the cables ran in.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

denkel123 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

I am looking to get a phone line installed in my house. We never ran cables for a phone line when doing the groundworks. The house itself is wired but there is no phone line cables ran in from the road. ( i live in a rural area )

I am just wondering if it is possible to run the cables in from the road over ground or do the have to be run undeground.

We have all of our lawns done etc so we are reluctant to dig up our lawns to get the cables ran in.

Thanks.

Hi denkel123

To arrange a phone line installation you would need to place a order by phone in contacting line sales on 1800503303. Upon placing an order for a line a site inspection would be carried out within ten working days of order. I'm afraid we would not be able to discuss such technical elements as this is at the discretion of engineers and site surveyor.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 denkel123

Thanks for your reply Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

denkel123 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Alan.
    No worries at all denkel123

Al

Advertisement