Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navel iodine %

• 27-01-2014 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

5% or 10% ?

Am going to dip navels this year instead of spraying I think, can't remember what % I used before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

I use 10% mixed about 4 parts iodine and 1 part methylated spirits

not saying it's correct but it works for me,

the meths is supposed to seal the navel quickly and discourage the ewe from licking/eating the navel cord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

I used 10% last year also but twas a spray. Prob do the same this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dave747

foxylock wrote: »
    I used 10% last year also but twas a spray. Prob do the same this year.

same here and dont have any probs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭EamonKilkenny

Anyone ever use lime on there navels? Guy in our discussion group just uses a handful of dry lime and says he has no navel problems. Sounds a little harsh but would obviously dry it up straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Anyone ever use lime on there navels? Guy in our discussion group just uses a handful of dry lime and says he has no navel problems. Sounds a little harsh but would obviously dry it up straight away

Never heard about that. Would agree that it sounds a bit harsh. Always use idione myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement