Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from City Centre to Carrigaline via bus... possible?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 3:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi folks,

I am thinking of applying for a job which is located "outside Carrigaline" according to the recruitment agency.

First of all it's a pain in the arse that they won't tell me where it is.

Second of all ... is it possible to commute every day by bus from the city to carrigaline? I don't have a car yet. Does anybody here do it? If I'm working at 9am, how early would I have to leave? As usual, bus eireann's website is really difficult to follow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Would you not think its better to see if you get an interview first and see where the job is exactly and then you can properly assess what transport is available?

But to answer one of your questions yes it'll be possible to commute everyday. I commute to Cork from Dungarvan everyday for work at 8am. Carrigaline would be a walk in the park for commuting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The bus is the 222. Just look at the timetables that aren't the city ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Put "Cork city Carrigaline bus" into Google and the very first hit brings up the timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Outside carrigaline could be ringaskiddy....

Anyway, carrigaline is fine for commuting from the city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Giak

murphym7 wrote: »
    Put "Cork city Carrigaline bus" into Google and the very first hit brings up the timetable.

But bus eireann are so unreliable I just wanted some opinions on the commute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Giak wrote: »
    But bus eireann are so unreliable I just wanted some opinions on the commute.

They're not that bad. I've been commuting for 10 years from east Cork and overall its been pretty good.

Advertisement