Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest PC possible for ARMA 3

Options
  • 27-01-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys was wondering what you guys think would be the cheapest (and best) build for a PC playing ARMA 3. I am willing to try build it myself. Also wondering is there anyone living in Kerry willing to help if I screw it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Burburls wrote: »
    Hey guys was wondering what you guys think would be the cheapest (and best) build for a PC playing ARMA 3. I am willing to try build it myself. Also wondering is there anyone living in Kerry willing to help if I screw it up?

Fill in the template. Will help , with helping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Burburls

1. What is your budget? €400-550

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming. ARMA mainly.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920 x 1080 no

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Any

9. When are you purchasing? 3-4 months

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kerry

1. What is your budget? €400-550

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming. ARMA mainly.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920 x 1080 no

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Any

9. When are you purchasing? 3-4 months

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Kerry

I wouldn't waste time picking parts now if it is for 3 months time mon ami.

Maybe if only to get yourself an idea but don't set in stone.

It will change new graphics cards available. Be best to look at then. Ans cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

I can't say that it's the best, it'll run it with no problems on the minimum settings and there is room for upgrade in terms of a graphics card in the long run. However, I think the price is okay as it's not a bad set up.

Item|Price
    AMD A10-5800K with AMD Radeon HD 7660D|€94.76
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, FM2, mATX|€50.86
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9|€75.62
    Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower - black, ohne Netzteil|€46.46
    Corsair Builder Serie CX430 V3 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze, 430 Watt|€40.27
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€51.22
    LG DH18NS schwarz bare SATA II|€11.96
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€395.14
    This one is set up so that you could easily upgrade it. However, if you really wanted to cut corners on the price I do have a second option, based on the same CPU and integrated graphics meaning it too could in theory be upgraded, but you'd also want to upgrade the HDD and RAM.

Item|Price
    AMD A10-5800K with AMD Radeon HD 7660D|€94.76
    MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, FM2, mATX|€50.86
    4GB G.Skill PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-28|€36.23
    Sharkoon VS3-Standard Rot, ohne Netzteil|€22.20
    Corsair Builder Serie CX430 V3 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze, 430 Watt|€40.27
    Seagate Momentus Spinpoint M8 320GB, SATA II|€38.54
    LG DH18NS schwarz bare SATA II|€11.96
    Price of parts alone|€299.82
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€318.81
    This last one will play the game on minimum settings, however, the first one will be perform better.

Also it is Altis Life I plan on playing more specifically. I was wondering do the requirements change for the mod? Could be a silly question but better safe than sorry. Does The motherboard take DDR3 or DDR5? Sorry for all the questions I am new at this. Thanks a million for the builds also!

• Advertisement

Also it is Altis Life I plan on playing more specifically. I was wondering do the requirements change for the mod? Could be a silly question but better safe than sorry. Does The motherboard take DDR3 or DDR5? Sorry for all the questions I am new at this. Thanks a million for the builds also!

once it runs arma3. It will run atlis life mod.

it is same as atlis life. Motherboard takes DDR3 , DDR 5 does not exist yet.

Neither of the builds listed will run arma 3. It needs a dedicated graphics card and decent CPU. You are talking 6-650.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I put together a few in this thread around the upper end of your budget, preferably the 550 one if you can would play arma reasonably well.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057135102/1

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quainy

once it runs arma3. It will run atlis life mod.

it is same as atlis life. Motherboard takes DDR3 , DDR 5 does not exist yet.

Neither of the builds listed will run arma 3. It needs a dedicated graphics card and decent CPU. You are talking 6-650.

I'll think you'll find that if you check the system requirements, here, you'll find that they both run the game perfectly well at low settings and they are the cheapest options. Please, always have proof to back up your accusations.

quainy wrote: »
    I'll think you'll find that if you check the system requirements, here, you'll find that they both run the game perfectly well at low settings and they are the cheapest options. Please, always have proof to back up your accusations.

Accusations ,proof, haha who got murdered :o. funny, it was an opinion. Mine which I took the time out to give as I wouldn't like him wasting money on a build, only to find himself in constant frame rate limbo.

Game debate, system requirements mean nothing to me. And don't equate to fact or "proof" this machine will run arma3 atlis life which op wants. I was speaking from hands on experience playing this game.

Don't get offended,Still say the builds will not run arma3 atlis life with a ton of required mods running on a multiplayer server. And if they do, he be dead before he even heard the gunshot. Which is no fun.

See Marcos build link.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

quainy wrote: »

You don't have any experience when it comes to Arma games I see.
    It needs a strong CPU and dedicated GPU. Plenty of builds floating around the board at the moment.

As SterlingArcher said, just research now. 3 months is a long time in computer part prices.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going to wait a while before I price again. This was a great starting point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Or you could all stop assuming and look up some gameplay on a 5800k.

Or you could all stop assuming and look up some gameplay on a 5800k.

I'm confused what exactly is this video showing? The processor running arma3 on single player on the small island of straits. If that is all op was intending to do I wouldn't have said nothing.

Altis is the map ,altis life mod is played on...
    The map is huge compared to straits. and differences playing on single player and mp are big.

Marco posted a link, and op is happy to wait. So It's no problem anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I'm confused what exactly is this video showing? The processor running arma3 on single player on the small island of straits. If that is all op was intending to do I wouldn't have said nothing.

Altis is the map ,altis life mod is played on...
    The map is huge compared to straits. and differences playing on single player and mp are big.

Marco posted a link, and op is happy to wait. So It's no problem anyway.

The entire map is not loaded at all times, it's streamed from the HDD as needed. That's one of the reasons that a SSD makes a difference to Arma.

Multiplayer is a crap shoot for performance, whatever results a video uploader gets you would be very lucky to recreate them. So I think showing that would be fairly pointless unless it was just for a comparison of very good multiplayer VS very bad multiplayer.

Advertisement