Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When should I start the cancellation process?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

My contract is up on the 13 of March and I no longer need the broadband part of it from Eircom. I'll see my contract out as I don't want to get caught with an early termination fee. But, I still need give 30 days notice right? Can I give you notice now or do I need to wait until around Feb 13 to give it?
    Thanks, Andrew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

My contract is up on the 13 of March and I no longer need the broadband part of it from Eircom. I'll see my contract out as I don't want to get caught with an early termination fee. But, I still need give 30 days notice right? Can I give you notice now or do I need to wait until around Feb 13 to give it?
    Thanks, Andrew

Hi uncle_sam_ie

You can give notice to cancel your broadband 30 days prior to the date of which your contract ends.

To arrange this please contact cancellations on free phone 1901 and chose options 4 then 3 when prompted)

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Thanks, Alan

Thanks, Alan
    No worroes uncle_sam_ie

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭killer kilbane

When was the 30 day notice added to terms and conditions, when out of contract and when were customers notified of this?
    ( don't till me they are always there because I know for a fact its not).

When was the 30 day notice added to terms and conditions, when out of contract and when were customers notified of this?
    ( don't till me they are always there because I know for a fact its not).

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi killer kilbane

I have responded to you and this query on the eircom community forum.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Advertisement

I called the number and sent the letter.  Can I just get confirmation of my 30 day notice.

I'll PM my details to Alen.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

I called the number and sent the letter.  Can I just get confirmation of my 30 day notice.

I'll PM my details to Alen.
    Hope you registered your letter, otherwise they seem to have a habit of going missing. Is there any chance Eircom might take some notice of ComReg Al? you know, them folks that regulate you, they ruled against Eircom's complex termination procedures last year, including the requirement for customers to give 30 days notice - I have provided you with the link previously, as you seem to have missed it here it is again http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg13114.pdf
    No need to thank me,
    HKS

Bump

OK, I just spoke to a Ronan in in the cancellations department. Eircom didn't get my letter but, he said I didn't need to send one. He said all that was needed was for me to send an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie saying that I wanted to give 30 days notice to cease my broadband(my new provider is dealing with the phone part so I can keep my number). This is kinda annoying because last week when I called I did asked if I could just send an email but, was told no it need to be a letter. So, I sent the email off could you please confirm if my service will cease in 30 days? 

Thanks, Andrew

OK, I just spoke to a Ronan in in the cancellations department. Eircom didn't get my letter but, he said I didn't need to send one. He said all that was needed was for me to send an email to phonecancellations@eircom.ie saying that I wanted to give 30 days notice to cease my broadband(my new provider is dealing with the phone part so I can keep my number). This is kinda annoying because last week when I called I did asked if I could just send an email but, was told no it need to be a letter. So, I sent the email off could you please confirm if my service will cease in 30 days? 

Thanks, Andrew
    Hi uncle_sam_ie

That's not correct, sending an email will cancel down your account completely and you will not be able top change provider, please do not send an email and let me look in to this further.

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks, Andrew
    Hi uncle_sam_ie

That's not correct, sending an email will cancel down your account completely and you will not be able top change provider, please do not send an email and let me look in to this further.

Al
    Thanks Alan for ringing me on the phone and getting this sorted. When my exchange gets upgraded to Eircom Fibre in the near future I'll be looking to returning  to Eircom.
    Thanks again,
     Andrew

Thanks, Andrew
    Hi uncle_sam_ie

Al
    Thanks Alan for ringing me on the phone and getting this sorted. When my exchange gets upgraded to Eircom Fibre in the near future I'll be looking to returning  to Eircom.
    Thanks again,
     Andrew
    No worries Andrew

It's a pleasure to help, let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Al

Advertisement