Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hackerspace Leixlip/Celbridge/Maynooth

Options
  • 27-01-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

Any idea if there is a hackerspace in the Leixlip/Celbridge/Maynooth? Something along the lines of TOG.ie? If not then there should be. I love what those guys are doing but its just a shame to be so far away.

It could be a place to learn and hack. Soldering, welding, building and making all kinds of things. It would obviously be a non-for profit venture, but some of the running costs could be lessened by providing short courses and training, which is how TOG manage some of their costs.

It might be possible to approach large companies (
    Intel
    ) in the area, or even the county council to help get the project off the ground.

If any interested parties would like to get in contact to talk about the possibility of setting one up, please PM me?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tog is pretty awesome ,I have only made it in there once though.
    I would be interested getting involved in something like that locally.

Advertisement