Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season two week 4 results

Options
  • 27-01-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Just beat the CPU jags in overtime, I just threw stupid interceptions all the time...I need to chill out if there is nothing on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just beat the CPU jags in overtime, I just threw stupid interceptions all the time...I need to chill out if there is nothing on!

For some reason when you are playing the CPU you feel like you won't get picked off. :confused:. It is tough!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

ive played a couple of offline CPU games with the sliders the way they are, if you get reckless against the CPU they will punish you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Eagles beat CPU Cardinals 31-10. Adding to the INTs, threw two of them. One stupid, the other I pressed the wrong button. I suppose you could call that stupid as well... So two stupid INTs thrown by me :D

Anyways, moving onwards and 4-0 in NFC East now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Knex. wrote: »
    Eagles beat CPU Cardinals 31-10. Adding to the INTs, threw two of them. One stupid, the other I pressed the wrong button. I suppose you could call that stupid as well... So two stupid INTs thrown by me :D

Anyways, moving onwards and 4-0 in NFC East now.

wish i'd taken the Eagles now, how many CPU games do you have

wish i'd taken the Eagles now, how many CPU games do you have

Not sure. Had 4 User teams in NFC East last year, and there's 3 of us this season. Milkey had Cowboys and went to the Super Bowl I think, but left the league.

Have had 2 CPU games from 4 so far, though.

• Advertisement

I love CPU games, as i proved in madden 13, Playoffs are a guarantee with them.

Am I reading it wrong, or is Panther's head coach still Jimmy Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Beat the CPU Cowboys 49-17.
    Jason Witten is a beast. Couldn't stop anything thrown his way. Think he finished with 12 catches for 170yds.

Gave Mallett a full game and he didn't disappoint throwing for over 400yds and 4 TDs (a one stupid pick)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Well, in an offensive shootout the Falcons claim their first victory of the season. Final score Falcons 45 - Panthers 43

Things started well for the Falcons with a 105YD kick off return from Harry Douglas, his first of the season. Then, on the Panthers opening drive, Luck throws into what is basically triple coverage and gets picked. However, the Falcons just miss the 54YD FG so Luck gets away with one there.

From this point on it was a shootout. There wasn't one punt the whole game. The Panthers were burned by the deadly Ryan-White-Jones trio on a few deep balls. However, the Panthers run game was nearly unstoppable with the recent FA signing Christine pulling in nearly 200YDs (maybe more, I can't remember). Add to that a few key 3rd down conversions by Luck-Olsen and a couple of big runs by Luck and the Panthers offence was every bit as good as the Falcons.

In the end, Ryan threw too well to his receivers and ended up finishing the game with nearly 400YDs, 5TDs, 0INTs and a perfect passer rating.

The game came down to the wire. With the score at 42 -35 Falcons, the Panthers managed to score with 1:10 left on the clock. They went for two and threw it in to put them up by 1. However, Ryan was on fire at this point and the Falcons marched down the field all the way to the 7YD line. With 35 seconds left on the clock, the Falcons had 1 timeout while the Panthers had none. Ryan was able to kneel the ball and let the clock run down to 4 seconds before taking the time out. Matt Bryant kicked the easy 25YD FG for the win and that was that.

Great game Dan, I look forward to our next meeting. You played well and it was hard to guess what you were going to do next, a nice varied playbook that I think worked well for you.

As for me, I'm seriously worried about my defence. Worst run D in the league. Although with a passing attack this effective who needs D? Hmmm.....

Falcons clearly learnt from the Eagles game with regards to that clock management anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @Buccs

Good Titans return and a couple of nice plays has them in the redzone, Johnson TD, Buccs get a bad drop and punt.

Another Johson TD after a good drive, Buccs hit back pretty quick
    Titans punt and the Buccs get a good drive for a TD

Titans are struggling.. but a penalty gives them a short 3rd down. they dont get it though, FG Titans

17-14 Titans with 4:30 in the half, Grifin has the int! no he drops it! the Buccs WR drops 1st down pass.. lucky escape but then the Titans are moving it well, Wright looks open but the DB jumps the route for the pick, TD then shortly after
    Titans kick a 55 yard FGg.. but its short

HT and its 17-21 Buccs

TD Buccs, Titans punt, TD Buccs, Titans punt.

TD Buccs after a heavy blitz leads to a long screen pass TD, Wooten TD on the return, on the first play then Martin goes 90 yards on the run, then the TD, Titans TD, Titans int and that is game

Vital lesson here, Kill Doug Martin before the game!

After a good start the Titans have resumed business as usual :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

49ers 27 Ravens 24

I wouldn't say either QB had a great game, both had multiple turnovers. Ravens D made an early statement knocking Crabtree out of the game :cool:

Game was tied with one minute left and Flacco going to drive up the field. Connected a quick 12 yd curl route and tried the same play selection with 4 receivers. Blanket coverage everywhere and Flaccos pass was picked off.

I don't know how to throw the ball away!!

Phil Dawson kicks the winning FG

Kaepernick took a few hits including sacked for a 2nd & 27 but he still managed to rush for over 60 yds

The niners coach scored a red zone TD with some sort of shovel pass. What is this black magic and why don't the Ravens have play calls like this :eek:

MVP:
    Let's pick someone not some obvious. Daniel Kilgore the niners center was a beast on run blocking and murdered my players on screen plays. Well done big man

Good luck for the season Caroller, nice chatting with ya. ( your mic is a bit faint, difficult to hear )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Thanks for the have heli, thought after the first 2 drives that I was in for a long game. Luckily Doug Martin bawled me out a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

mikemac1 wrote: »
    49ers 27 Ravens 24

Good luck for the season Caroller, nice chatting with ya. ( your mic is a bit faint, difficult to hear )

Great game mike! Really enjoyed it. Very unlucky with the last interception!

Have to get a new mic when I get paid it's falling apart :o

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

gatsby that game was so much fun dont care that i lost we lit **** up good luck this season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks beat steelers 31-21

Hey CPU,
    I remember when you used to be sound...
    Didn't we used to be friends?! What happened dude?
    Remember all the good times we had!? I would never fake punt once, let alone twice ! if I was down by only one score! Especially in first half...
    Just NOT COOL!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Bears 27-24 after OT.

Unfortunately I don't have the stats to hand, but this was an unbelievable game.

The lead went back and forth all game and after the Saints took a 24-17 lead with 4 minutes left, the Bears chewed up the clock and crossed the end zone with a few seconds left. Overtime beckoned and the Bears won the toss. The Saints defense came up big and forced their first punt of the game before some nice throws from Bray and a big reception from Colston allowed Hartley to convert a chip shot for the win.

Key play of the game was a forced fumble by Kenny Vaccaro (this guy is an absolute machine) which was recovered and ended up in a Saints TD a few plays later if I remember correctly. I think that was actually the only drive of the game that didn't end result in points for the team in offensive possession. Raoul will count himself unlucky as it wouldn't have even been a completed pass in real life as the receiver hardly had the chance to make a football move.

Main positives for me were that 1) I didn't make any mistakes (although was lucky the Bears DB's had butter fingers a couple of times), 2) when the Bears shut down my running game Tyler Bray really stepped up and 3) Mason Teller looks to be the steal of the draft.

Great game Raoul, your run D is immense. When you won the toss in OT I thought you would likely march down the field for the winning TD. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I had no more juice left in the box for the OT. That final drive to get level took it out of me. About a 5 minute drive to go down and score and leave just a few second left.

Quick question though, why keep running at the end? Sproles isn't the best for not fumbling, I was trying to absolutely murder him. If I was you I would have kicked that much earlier.

Great game. I found it impossible to stop Jimmy Graham, as in real life you just can't seem to get the correct match on him. Everything went to plan for me, I wanted to stop your run game and force you to pass which you did. But as you said some of my dbs were very poor then the fumble was really the turning point in the game. Monster hit from your guy just as Jeffrey got the ball.

Well done though and good luck with the rest of your games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mikemac1 wrote: »
    49ers 27 Ravens 24

I wouldn't say either QB had a great game, both had multiple turnovers. Ravens D made an early statement knocking Crabtree out of the game :cool:

Game was tied with one minute left and Flacco going to drive up the field. Connected a quick 12 yd curl route and tried the same play selection with 4 receivers. Blanket coverage everywhere and Flaccos pass was picked off.

I don't know how to throw the ball away!!

Phil Dawson kicks the winning FG

Kaepernick took a few hits including sacked for a 2nd & 27 but he still managed to rush for over 60 yds

The niners coach scored a red zone TD with some sort of shovel pass. What is this black magic and why don't the Ravens have play calls like this :eek:

MVP:
    Let's pick someone not some obvious. Daniel Kilgore the niners center was a beast on run blocking and murdered my players on screen plays. Well done big man

Go Niners!!

One other thing, never run up the middle against the Saints, Pouha is a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

adrian522 wrote: »
    Go Niners!!

Looking forward to the Ravens Bengals matchup in Week 6!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Indeed. me Too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Im happier i beat the ravens who just beat the seahawks last week :D

Hopefully ill keep on top of my CPU games and give the division rivalry with Seattle a good go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Carroller wrote: »
    Im happier i beat the ravens who just beat the seahawks last week :D

Hopefully ill keep on top of my CPU games and give the division rivalry with Seattle a good go!

Think our divison will be close between us this year! Luckily I will have lynch Back in week 9 and I think we play week 13-15 actually think the league in general will be even tighter than last year!

Yeah the whole league could be tighter this season, sure look at the AFC South, if the Chiefs Texans game had not simmed, we'd all be 2-2 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Yeah the whole league could be tighter this season, sure look at the AFC South, if the Chiefs Texans game had not simmed, we'd all be 2-2 so far.

Are you personally calling up my internet provider and lodging a complaint? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Someone should!

Yeah i might if this keeps up, or you could INSIST your opponent play the CPU and not Sim it, Only fair to me and Heli who have reasonable connections :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Raoul wrote: »
    I had no more juice left in the box for the OT. That final drive to get level took it out of me. About a 5 minute drive to go down and score and leave just a few second left.

Quick question though, why keep running at the end? Sproles isn't the best for not fumbling, I was trying to absolutely murder him. If I was you I would have kicked that much earlier.

Great game. I found it impossible to stop Jimmy Graham, as in real life you just can't seem to get the correct match on him. Everything went to plan for me, I wanted to stop your run game and force you to pass which you did. But as you said some of my dbs were very poor then the fumble was really the turning point in the game. Monster hit from your guy just as Jeffrey got the ball.

Well done though and good luck with the rest of your games.

The only reason I kept running at the end was due to lag at my end mate. I had trouble with it when kicking off a few times so wasn't confident with anything over 35 yards. Got it to around 22 so chip shot territory and thought it would make it even if the lag messed the power up on me.

Quality game though. Long way to go yet but if we both made the playoffs I'd love for us to meet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets beat out the Redskins 56-35 in the big Knocklyon derby. One punt all game, one kickoff TD returns each, loads of offence. Jets got ahead and were able to take advantage to get a few picks late on when the Redskins had to move the ball quickly.

Great chatting !

Advertisement