Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant connect to wifi

Options
  • 27-01-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My laptop isnt picking up signal to wif in friends housei but everyone elses in the house is working fine. Mine works fime at home anyone got any ideas why this could be? Its picking up others in the area just not the one I need :-/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Is your friends wireless SSID set to visible?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you use a program like Netstumbler, will that see it?
    As said, it could be set to be hidden from view.

Ask the owner to look at the settings for the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andee123

degsie wrote: »
    Is your friends wireless SSID set to visible?

Yes its visible I was able to connect with phone also tried to manually connect using ssim and password but still no luck??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

It could be security mismatch. Can your friend temporarily turn off security to test?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nothing to do with servers&systems, moving to wireless...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 andee123

degsie wrote: »
    It could be security mismatch. Can your friend temporarily turn off security to test?

I reset router it pickedbit uo for a min then disconneced. Think it might be laptop ill hav to check on another wifi. Cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ask your friend could he try changing the channel that the wifi is using. Also are you using vista by any chance?

Advertisement