Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for ST2001 exemption!

• 27-01-2014 4:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭

I'm looking to get an exemption in 2nd year ST2001, because I've passed an equivalent statistics module in another college. In my experience the Maths department isn't very magnanimous in their dealings with students in this way. For this reason I went to the co-ordinator of the module, and as expected, she told me to go to the APDC committee. But they seem to be very rigid in insisting that every single bit of the topics covered be exactly the same. In spite of the fact the module co-ordinators seem approachable; they aren't on the APCD committee who makes the discision. What is the best way of approacing this matter in order to make the outcome slightly more favorable towards me. Is there anything that I can do to involve the module co-ordinators more? Has anyone else had experience in the same area?

Advertisement