Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back sweeten ginger beer with artificial sweetener?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

I've made a ginger beer from scratch using a recipe Here

Fermenting in DJs, not bottles like the recipe.

It's coming along nicely but needs some sweetness. I can't back-sweeten with sugar as I want to bottle carbonate. That got me thinking though. Could I used artificial sweetener tablets (crushed) instead? Would it work and how many tablets per 330ml or 500ml would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Works a treat. It's about your preference for sweetness. Friend of mine makes what I'd consider a balanced ginger beer. I'll ask him how much he puts in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Great stuff, thanks Khannie!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 10 BrewRob

If you have say 20 litres, take half a litre and add one gram at a time. Once you have hit the point where you are happy just scale up. Remember that now you will only have 19.5 so multiply what you have added to the glass by 19.5

Advertisement