Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Man City

Options
  • 27-01-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I am reluctantly starting this thread because, i am heading over to this game and not expecting a lot to be honest.
    Even with us on a good little run of form at the moment, i would settle for a draw.
    High scoring draw would be great.
    I dont think any off the injured 4-5 will start the match though.
    ie, Townsend,Sandro,Paulinho,Jan and Kaboul.
    If any were to i reckon it'll be Pauly.
    Head says 1-3 Heart says 6-0.:rolleyes:

Hugo.
    Walker.Daws(id say he's dreading this more than us). Vlad,Rose.
    Lennon,Bentaleb/Pauly, Dembele.Erikson
    Ade, Bobby to return and get a goal.
    Strong bench though!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

score draw

3-3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    score draw

3-3

Ha, I was thinking 2-2.

And I see Devo made reference to a high-scoring draw too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

1-3 to City. Even with our relatively good form, City are far stronger than us at the moment. Maybe we can get a draw if Sandro and Verts are back, but even than i'd be doubtful.

Hope for a surprise, but not expecting much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd rather not rush any of the injured players back. Any from this would be an amazing result but I'd be happy with not getting spanked,

It'll be 3-1 to city would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

i would not be playing any of the guys that are just back from injury. this is a game that we dont expect to win, and wont be too bothered if we lose. in my view, the game away to hull at the weekend is a must win game and more important than this one. i would save the guys returning from injury for the hull game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't want to build too much optimism about tomorrow night's game as I think we're all pretty scarred from the match in the Etihad.

BUT..... look at City's Premier League away form/results...

Beat Newcastle.
    Scraped through against Swansea. We won.
    Beat Fulham. We won.
    Drew with Southampton. We won.
    Beat West Brom.
    Lost to Sunderland. We won.
    Lost to Chelsea.
    Beat West Ham.
    Lost to Villa. We won.
    Drew to Stoke.
    Lost to Cardiff. We won.

They've picked up 17 points from a possible 33. They've only played one 'top 6' team away.....and lost.

If we compare the away fixtures which we've both played. 6 in total.

We have got 18 points from 18.

They have got 7 points from 18.

Heads up lads!

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You never know lads. We've a load of injuries that won't back in time for this one so it will be a white knuckle ride with Daws and the hopefully sober Chiriches at the back!

That said, City may be short Silva, Negredo, Nasri (always destroys us) & Milner which is good news. Althought with their squad it will it hurt them?

Hopefully we're not caught tying our laces at kick off again:o

3-2 to the Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LawBreaker123

I see this ending in a high scoring draw 3-3 or a near loss 3-2 :(

We have most our players back so that will help us.

LLoris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose

Lennon Dembele Sandro Eriksen

Soldado Adebayor

I hope Sandro and Vertonghen are fully match ready, they are crucial to our chances. I hope Paulinho will feature at some stage, he was beast against Stoke. Also Holtby had 3 assists in a closed doors friendly a few days ago, hopefully this caught Sherwoods eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

3-2 Tottenham. No doubts what so ever that Spurs will win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I had a dream last night that we won one nil..

But now that I think about it I think Modric was playing:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Glebee wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that we won one nil..

But now that I think about it I think Modric was playing:(

:D:D:D

A win tomorrow lads and were 6pts off the top!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I can't see anything but a hefty defeat.........really hope I am wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We should be a bit more optimistic after our recent good form and City's dodgy away form.A draw could be done I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

The odds on Betfair reflect 50% probability of City win, 25% draw and 25% home win. That's a lot more favourable than the opinions expressed so far on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

If he starts with siggy instead of Chadli n plays the 4-2-3-1 we might have a chance. Eriksen is starting to find abit of form.unfortunately I think he'll try go toe for toe with them and put Eriksen out left and soldado back up top.they could rip us apart them

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

If he starts with siggy instead of Chadli n plays the 4-2-3-1 we might have a chance. Eriksen is starting to find abit of form.unfortunately I think he'll try go toe for toe with them and put Eriksen out left and soldado back up top.they could rip us apart them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tough decision for the manager tonight as to whether to play 1 or 2 up top. In fairness he should probably go with who has been doing well recently which would mean the kid plays in midfield with Eriksen behind Ade. The big Q then is who plays on the left, most likely Chadli. He doesn't impress me one bit, think I'd play sig instead, although chadli gives us height defending set pieces :eek:

I'd happily take a point now. COYS

Amazed if Sherwood doesn't go 4-4-2 and bring Soldado back in:

Walker Dawson Chriches Rose
    Lennon Dembele Bentaleb Eriksen
    Soldado Adebayor

Sitting back and being conservative against these lads won't favour us, attack is the best form of defence, especially with Dawson at CB.

Adebayor and/or Eriksen operating in behind Yaya and Fernandhino could be key. Massive game for the boy Bentaleb!

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'd really love if Sandro made this game, but it's a lot to ask for him to be firing on all cylinders after a lay off.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    I'd really love if Sandro made this game, but it's a lot to ask for him to be firing on all cylinders after a lay off.

Only lasted 45mins v West Ham the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Only lasted 45mins v West Ham the other day.

Yeah I guess he's probably aiming for the Hull game.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭ingo1984

If we play one upfront, and try to sit back, they will tear us apart. We need to play two upfront and play our normal game. Keep their defence pegged bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Team: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Adebayor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ingo1984 wrote: »
    If we play one upfront, and try to sit back, they will tear us apart. We need to play two upfront and play our normal game. Keep their defence pegged bag.

Team Just in, we are playing with one up top, Ade. Siggy playing instead of Chadly. Same as in other positions. Romanian sobered up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Good evening from White Hart Lane. There's one change from Swansea with Gylfi Sigurdsson in for Nacer Chadli.

Tonight's team: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Adebayor.

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Capoue, Chadli, Holtby, Defoe, Soldado ‪#‎COYS‬

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

yid army;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Can see a lot of goals tonight, two attacking teams. Fingers crossed we just score more than them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I thought Sandro,Paulinho or Verts might be back tonight,none of the even make the bench,disappointed with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tippspur wrote: »
    I thought Sandro,Paulinho or Verts might be back tonight,none of the even make the bench,disappointed with that.

Still plenty if games to go. I guess Sherwood was thinking how much of a disaster it would be to have one of them play today and get a recurrence.

Advertisement