Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Man City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Top 4 are pulling away. usually top 3

Liverpool are only 3 point ahead of us i wouldn't call that pulling away tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Thank f**k we don't won't come across these b**tards again until next season. Farcical refereeing decisions aside(and yes they have played a part in the final result), City are just man for man, far superior to us.

Onwards and upwards starting with Hull on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

Critical? Red card was critical you muppet!

No, the fact that city spent most of both halfs in spurs end was critical. Afraid from the off put spurs under even more pressure than you could have expected.

Also I didn't realize we addressed each other as Muppets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

They're saying on fox that Toure maybe should have went as he was nowhere near the ball when he caught dembele. Rose getting sent off wasn't a patch on that tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Liverpool are only 3 point ahead of us i wouldn't call that pulling away tbf

Same points difference ahead of united.

• Advertisement

Nixer Jim wrote: »
    No, the fact that city spent most of both halfs in spurs end was critical. Afraid from the off put spurs under even more pressure than you could have expected.

Also is didn't realize we assessed each other as Muppets!

You're being silly now. City just about edged the first half and should have went in 1-1 if there was fair officiating. Big decision which could have meant a very different Spurs at the start of the second half.

Linesman again screws spurs over to gift city a second and resulting in Rose being sent off at the start of the second half. Once that happened the second half was a write off for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Nixer Jim wrote: »

Also I didn't realize we addressed each other as Muppets!

No offence meant, frustration getting the better of me:)

In fairness, the red card was critical, that ended the game. City were good but the linesman's decisions were appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Penalty and especially the red card were harsh http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/man-city-wrongly-awarded-a-penalty-for-tackle-by-danny-rose-on-edin-dzeko-rose-sent-off/

Better side won and irrespective or red probably would have anyway. Still the team showed lots of fight. Long way to go yet. Roll on Saturday.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Beaten by an excellent side who were helped by a shocking call for the penalty and red card. We'll never know what could have been.
    Very disappointed but have to move on and get back on the bike on Saturday, hopefully a few fresh legs back in the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well we were well beaten by arguably the best team the prem has ever seen... men and boys stuff for alot of the game. Hart didnt make a save in the whole game. They are streets ahead of us and 90% of the rest of the league, anyone who thinks we deserved anything from the first half or the whole game is obviously blinded by bias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fair play to Sherwood no complaining just said they were beaten well by the best team on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

rob316 wrote: »
    Fair play to Sherwood no complaining just said they were beaten well by the best team on the planet.

They are not the best team on the planet now tbf:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

On paper it's got to be between them, Barca, Real and Bayern. They just have so much quality in every position. Player like Dzeko would be a great addition for us, for them he's just another striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I thought we played ok overall, overrun at the start and after the sending off, but overall that performance woulda given us a chance against anyone but City.

The rule awarding a penalty and red card is flawed. One tackle doesn't deserve that punishment. Even more sickening that it was a great tackle.

Then Fernandinho woulda been off if he'd stopped Capoue's shot on the line, but because he didn't succeed he didn't even get booked.

What a dumb sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ah fcuk it, its only one game. We got 16 points from possible 18 after the Liverpool disaster. This result may give us the kick to go on another run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ya thought we showed some fight, even though we got mauled. Didn't see that under AVB. Holtby looked bored out of his nut on the bench yawning, he's definitely gone.

Capoue made a few rash challenges, probably lack of match fitness? Anyhoo really hope he gets some game time, that was a game Bentaleb should of sat out. Any news on Dembele? He was excellent in the 1st half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

It's tough to play against City when you have 11 men, it's even tougher when you have ten men and it's even tougher when they have 11 men and a linesman on their team.

As someone said earlier, the only positive from last night is that we don't have to lay Man City or Man Utd fro the rest of the season. The teams around us will drop points to both. I really think we can compete for second. Chelsea and Arsenal will drop more points in the coming weeks.

COYS!

Soldado has to start v Hull, Sherwood has to get him into the team.. So frustrating to see the No.9 we all wanted sitting on the bench..

Soldado has to start v Hull, Sherwood has to get him into the team.. So frustrating to see the No.9 we all wanted sitting on the bench..

It's not Sherwood's fault he's been ****e.

Hull wouldn't be a bad game to push him back into the side but it's not like he deserves to be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

This is where TS will earn his crust, getting his players back up for it against a sticky Hull side after a demoralising loss

• Advertisement

I don't believe they will be demoralised, they put up a decent account of themselves and at least showed some fight. Ade didn't give up? Undoubtedly we would of lost even for some dodgy decisions.

Fully agree, time for roberto to prove he has what it takes. 442 and attack Hull, they are struggling at the minute.

irishmover wrote: »
    It's not Sherwood's fault he's been ****e.

Hull wouldn't be a bad game to push him back into the side but it's not like he deserves to be playing.

I never said it was Sherwoods fault, but it certainly is his problem, you can't keep a €30m player on the bench.

I never said it was Sherwoods fault, but it certainly is his problem, you can't keep a €30m player on the bench.

That's it, play him and adebayor, bring one or 2 more back in to the team, freshen it up. Lennon was scandalous last night, didn't bother his ballicks breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

We've enough players to rotate. Change it up for Hull because if they're not up to that there's no point in keeping them

Prying Dawson out of the team, that's going to be a hard task for the manager. He seems to think the art of tackling is about jumping/diving into tackles. He spends more time on his backside than he does on his feet.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Prying Dawson out of the team, that's going to be a hard task for the manager. He seems to think the art of tackling is about jumping/diving into tackles. He spends more time on his backside than he does on his feet.

Agree, Jan and the drunk for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Agreed, I was hoping Dawson would be OK without the high line but it now looks like he's not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Agreed. His lack of pace is costing us. Did anybody see him turned by Aguero for that attempt which hit the post?? Dawson couldn't get near him!

• Advertisement

I feel terrible for wanting to get rid of Dawson. I didn't want him to leave when QPR had made a substantial offer for him. But we needed him then and he was playing well and we were short in that department, injuries proved that.

It feels Vertonghen has been out forever. Tough choices being a manager, keeping everyone happy and feeling part of the group.

Advertisement