Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployed :(

Options
  • 27-01-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Sorry just venting here I was let go 6 weeks ago decrease in demand or something , been working in a factory for 2 years and I have no idea what to do next ,another factory job? which i did an interview for but i have heard nothing since thats 2 weeks now, take a stab at a completely different job?,do a work placement (work for nothing), get a job with my business degree which i never used its 4 going on 5 years now cant remember a thing from it, a IT course I looked on springboard but you need to wait and do interviews i think ,was looking at a IT course online but there expensive nd kind of dodgy or go out foreign but id **** meself at even moving to dublin haha,or a fas course , jus really afraid il bollock around on the farm again which is going to my brother anyway , im 28 hitting 30 soon i suffer from social anxiety which is worse with no routine ,just have no idea what road to go, i live on my own so socially wise its not good either, its getting bad cus my friends are all busy with work,being abroad and kids,also i always wanted to travel but i dont think i have the nerves to go but time seems to be ticking ,any body have advice please ,sorry for spelling and the rambling just wired today :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ranthael

Have you tried freelance sites as well?
    A lot of traffic job wise there and it might help you to pick yourself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dennynua

Ranthael wrote: »
    Have you tried freelance sites as well?
    A lot of traffic job wise there and it might help you to pick yourself up.

freelance sites? any examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ranthael

dennynua wrote: »
    freelance sites? any examples?

I don't want to give out links as it might seem like spam. I did get your attention.

So, I'm going to be honest. This isn't the easy way to earn money. I've been on them for quite a while now and it took me a lot of time to be good at it (getting projects) as it's more of a job market where freelancers are the ones selling themselves (their work) as products and you have to be a good seller as well.

I would suggest going on them and looking for categories which you can do work in. The wage - it depends, there are a lot of Indians working there and they lower the average wage, so you have to be better at looking for good work which pays good, and be good at getting it. It's not a go there earn money, but if you're set on earning money and you're being smart about how to approach it and learn as you go you might earn enough to "have a job". In my country the wages are lower than in yours, and wages I've been getting might be lower for someone from, let's say, USA, but for the EU average, it's great.

The ones to look on:
    freelancer
    odesk
    elance
    peopleperhour

I recommend seeing all of them. oDesk is a little low paying on average. You'll get my idea why going on all of them when you actually get on them. PPH (people per hour) is my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dennynua

Ranthael wrote: »
    I don't want to give out links as it might seem like spam. I did get your attention.

So, I'm going to be honest. This isn't the easy way to earn money. I've been on them for quite a while now and it took me a lot of time to be good at it (getting projects) as it's more of a job market where freelancers are the ones selling themselves (their work) as products and you have to be a good seller as well.

I would suggest going on them and looking for categories which you can do work in. The wage - it depends, there are a lot of Indians working there and they lower the average wage, so you have to be better at looking for good work which pays good, and be good at getting it. It's not a go there earn money, but if you're set on earning money and you're being smart about how to approach it and learn as you go you might earn enough to "have a job". In my country the wages are lower than in yours, and wages I've been getting might be lower for someone from, let's say, USA, but for the EU average, it's great.

The ones to look on:
    freelancer
    odesk
    elance
    peopleperhour

I recommend seeing all of them. oDesk is a little low paying on average. You'll get my idea why going on all of them when you actually get on them. PPH (people per hour) is my recommendation.

il have a look thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement