Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do anyone else's pets play with their water bowls?

• 27-01-2014 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I've noticed our foster kitten Molly likes to play with the water in her bowl. She'll dip a front paw in and out like she's slapping it a few times, then circle it, bat at it again and then drink it. I watched her one day poking at a bottle top that got knocked into the water bowl. She managed to get her paw soaked then decided that she might as well make a game of it.

Does anyone else's pet do this, I'm sure they must?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Nope my 3 just stick their paws in and fe** it all over the floor :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Yep dude does this all the time; has a drink, dips his paw in, licks his paw, slaps the water a few times, shakes his paw and gets water everywhere and then walks on me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Our late Mouse (cat) used to do this all the time, even got in the bowl a few times, also used to play with the taps and try and get in the shower.
    Older older cats just drink it, but Ruby likes to slap it into submission first, just in case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Had multiple cats that has done the above and some even bring their toys and drop them into the water (and leave them there for me to pick up and dry for them to play with again!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

mymo wrote: »
    Our late Mouse (cat) used to do this all the time, even got in the bowl a few times, also used to play with the taps and try and get in the shower.
    Older older cats just drink it, but Ruby likes to slap it into submission first, just in case.

Gas, I've a kitten called Mouse and she's the exact same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

My lad loves to run around the garden with his.cud find it anyware in garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

foreversky wrote: »
    My lad loves to run around the garden with his.cud find it anyware in garden
    get a steel bowl put it upside down in a plastic bucket and half fill with concrete ,when it sets turn the bucket up and tap it and you will have a steel bowl in a stand , spray a bit of wd40 on the bucket first so the concrete doesnt stick to it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I saw some amazing ceramic cat waterfountains on an American site. Complete with copper taps, very expensive of course but they do look more like ornaments than waterfountains and I'm guessing my cats wouldn't use it anyway:)

Advertisement