Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

franchi

Options
  • 27-01-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

can anyone who owns or used a franchi semi auto shotgun let me
    know what they think of them thinking of trading in beretta 686e for
    one of them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I have a Franchi 48 L El Dorado.
    Basically a lightweight Browning auto 5 without the Browning humpback or bulletproof relibilty and dirt eating capabilities. I'd hold onto my Beretta if I were you.:D:eek:
    The 48L is a stock muncher.It has broken because of a design fault about four stocks where the wood meets the reciver metal.The stocks are hollow to make the gun lighter,and the long recoil pounds into the wood causing micro splits that spread into cracks.You need to get a little steel plate from the Franchi Hunter seris to prevent this problem and even then its a proable 90% cure.
    It is said of Franchi,they are guns made of bits left over from Beretta and Benelli.I dunno about their later models and O/U but like most things Italian beautiful and can be tempermental at an awkward moment.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭shoot to kill

skipking wrote: »
    can anyone who owns or used a franchi semi auto shotgun let me
    know what they think of them thinking of trading in beretta 686e for
    one of them

Stay clear.mate of mine had one and in the end he give it back. Not sure if they are all the same. His was old and the barrel moved back and forward when u shot. Thats the design of that particular model. Must ask him what was it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Stay clear.mate of mine had one and in the end he give it back. Not sure if they are all the same. His was old and the barrel moved back and forward when u shot. Thats the design of that particular model. Must ask him what was it

A Franchi 48L Browning Long recoil shotgun ;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

can anyone who owns or used a franchi semi auto shotgun let me know what they think of them thinking of trading in beretta 686e for one of them

I think you are going in the wrong direction. However, o/u to s/auto is a tough comparison.

We had a Franchi in the family. Overall, nothing really bad to say. However, it appeared to be the child of a day in the parts room. You could almost see a bit of a Franchi here and a Benelli there. Maybe even a Stoeger.

The only problem we ever had was the bolt threw its handle in the bog one day. Franchi was fair enough and sent out a new one.

Again, I have nothing bad to say about Franchi. At the right price, I would take one over a Benelli. However, again, at the right price, I would get a Stoeger over a Franchi.

Doesn't Benelli own Franchi and Stoeger?

FWIW, the next auto I am looking at is a Super Black Eagle.

I would go to a dealer and shoulder a few. You may find something that "fits" you.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

thanks for advice the one i was thinking of has the benelli eject system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭shoot to kill

thanks for advice the one i was thinking of has the benelli eject system

Just buy a benelli and never mind trying to get a gun with benelli parts!! ;) buy a benelli and never look back!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

thanks for all advice think i will hold on to the 686

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

FISMA wrote: »
    Doesn't Benelli own Franchi and Stoeger?
    Beretta owns Benelli, franchi and stoeger!!
    Buy a Beretta or Benelli and never look back!!

Advertisement