Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-admission?

• 27-01-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I exited my degree in UL at the end of second year in 2010 and intend to apply for re-admission soon.

Does anybody have any experience of applying for re-admission, and if so, what does it generally entail?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I left my degree after 2nd year and applied for readmission back into 3rd year about 8 years later. I had to go to an interview with the faculty head and a few lecturers and explain why I wanted to go back. They just want to see commitment, will want to know why you dropped out, why you want to come back. My course is fairly small in numbers so that was probably a factor, and might be different with a very popular course, but I imagine the process is fairly similar.

Contact Student Services for relevant forms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Thanks for the reply, Chrislad.

Did everything work out for you?

Would you advise in applying early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Oh yeah, everything worked out! In my last semester and QCA jumped from 2.4 when I started in 3rd year up to 3.7 presently, in my final semester!!!

I think I applied in April, and had the meeting in June, and was approved in about a fortnight.

Advertisement