Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Claim

Options
  • 27-01-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I was just on my PAYE Anytime account claiming back rent from 2010 - 2013 which I have submitted. I then looked through a couple of other sections and saw Personal Tax credits and PAYE Credits so I clicked on them. It asked if I wanted to claim back this tax with a max of €1650 (as far as I can remember) for a certain year. It wouldn't let me continue without editing it so I edited and typed in 1640 and submitted it. I did this for PAYE and Personal Tax for 3 years. I submitted the claims but it seems a little high - Nearly 10K. Have I made a big mistake by claiming for this? The only reason I did claim was because it said 'Do you want to claim this credit?' Don't understand why I could claim for this if it wasn't possible.

Full time employee earning over 30K p/a for the past 6 years in the same company (if that info is needed)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

UserJ wrote: »
    Hi

I was just on my PAYE Anytime account claiming back rent from 2010 - 2013 which I have submitted. I then looked through a couple of other sections and saw Personal Tax credits and PAYE Credits so I clicked on them. It asked if I wanted to claim back this tax with a max of €1650 (as far as I can remember) for a certain year. It wouldn't let me continue without editing it so I edited and typed in 1640 and submitted it. I did this for PAYE and Personal Tax for 3 years. I submitted the claims but it seems a little high - Nearly 10K. Have I made a big mistake by claiming for this? The only reason I did claim was because it said 'Do you want to claim this credit?' Don't understand why I could claim for this if it wasn't possible.

Full time employee earning over 30K p/a for the past 6 years in the same company (if that info is needed)

You should have watched the videos. Anything which was highlighted green was something you had already claimed (been granted automatically). Anything in blue may be claimed if applicable. Anything in grey is not available.

The credits in green are allowed to be edited if you feel you weren't entitled to them or for some reason the full credit hadn't been granted.

What you appear to have done is reduced what was already granted to you. You may wish to call the PAYE 1890 service to talk through your claims.

Advertisement