Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Since when can you not make a cash lodgement at cashier desk?????

Options
  • 27-01-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Went to make a cash lodgement into my account today in the Caherdavin branch in Limerick and was told I had to use the machine by the cashier. There was between 9 and 12 customers waiting to use the machine which also does withdrawals....  but not one customer waiting for the cashier. Where is the logic in this not to mention the customer service????  Has Bank of Ireland's Policy changed to cash lodgements only using branch machines? When? Will there be lodgement only machines to speed up process for the customer?

Awaiting your reply. 
    Niamh  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 podgesax

Niamh2014 wrote: »
    Went to make a cash lodgement into my account today in the Caherdavin branch in Limerick and was told I had to use the machine by the cashier. There was between 9 and 12 customers waiting to use the machine which also does withdrawals....  but not one customer waiting for the cashier. Where is the logic in this not to mention the customer service????  Has Bank of Ireland's Policy changed to cash lodgements only using branch machines? When? Will there be lodgement only machines to speed up process for the customer?

Awaiting your reply. 
    Niamh  
    Yes it has changed. See my post about it here. I have experienced this too, large queues at a single machine in the bank while both the customer rep and the cashier are both idle. It makes no sense. It's also very disheartening to see the some of OAPs struggling to use the machine.

BOI didn't seem to inform any of their customers about this forced changed in policy either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Niamh2014[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in one of our branches.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The lodgement machine will now facilitate customers to make note and cheque lodgements.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We understand your frustrations in relation to delays you experienced whilst making your lodgement.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We will certainly pass on your comments to the Caherdavin Branch in relation to the availability of lodgement machines in branch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]For any further queries you may have, please do contact us again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Its simple, change bank, not being smart but Bank of Ireland and Ulster Bank are the worst banks in the Country! Banked with BOI for 10 years and they are not a customer friendly bank. Changed to a different company a few years ago and they are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

This has also happened at the branch in NUI Galway.

The bank itself underwent a large expansion but now any time you try to go to a cashier to lodge a cheque or cash, you're directed to a machine. Any time recently I've had trouble with my account I've been forced to use the phones. I'm still not comfortable disclosing half my online PIN at a time over a phone line that would be very easy to intercept.

Why bother with the extension and not just add in extra machines? Maybe one more that does foreign exchange in the couple of currencies offered and close the branch entirely?

Of course, I guess that's the ultimate plan, which would save the bank a lot of money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Niamh2014[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in one of our branches.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The lodgement machine will now facilitate customers to make note and cheque lodgements.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We understand your frustrations in relation to delays you experienced whilst making your lodgement.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We will certainly pass on your comments to the Caherdavin Branch in relation to the availability of lodgement machines in branch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]For any further queries you may have, please do contact us again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

Alison

Nonsense reply.these policy decisions are nationwide.they come from the top HQ

What does HQ passing on this to the local going to do? Nothing

What is BOI going to do with this complaint and how are they going to deal airbrushing fact that this policy is not suitable?

Some people simply want the traditional method of banking, and it is evident from the poster's comments, that method was available on that occassion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi walrusgumble.

As always, we appreciate the feedback we receive here and can assure you that all comments are passed on to the relevant departments.

We endeavour to assist customers as best we can however, we are not here to comment on the introduction of new policies within the group.

As mentioned above, we understand the frustration that this new policy has caused. The introduction of this new facility will help make banking more efficient for our customers.

For information on our Customer Complaints Process, please see here.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

As mentioned above, we understand the frustration that this new policy has caused. The introduction of this new facility will help make banking more efficient for our customers.

should this not read

As mentioned above, we understand the frustration that this new policy has caused. The introduction of this new facility will help make banking more profitable for our shareholders

Unless of course you can explain how waiting in a queue for a machine while you have staff available to do the job makes things more efficient for me the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Since the machine only excepts notes and cheques next time there's a queue for it you could need to lodge that 1cent coin that's in your pocket along with your notes or cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Del2005 wrote: »
    Since the machine only excepts notes and cheques next time there's a queue for it you could need to lodge that 1cent coin that's in your pocket along with your notes or cheque.
    Won't work. Banks only accept coins for lodgement when in bags of the appropriate volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Del2005 wrote: »
    Won't work. Banks only accept coins for lodgement when in bags of the appropriate volume.
    And on only on certain days of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I think anyone that stays with Bank of Ireland and their high account charges deserve what they get.

Bank of Ireland stopped caring about their customers years ago.

If possible, get over to Permanent TSB where you are unlikely to pay ANY charges and they take coin etc etc in ANY TIME OF THE DAY and not when it suits them.

It's time to show BOI YOUR new Terms and Conditions !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

A woman went into our local branch of boi with a whole pile of bagged coins. This was a charity collection. Told to take it all away again and come back between certain times on the appropriate day.
    She plonked it all on the counter and told them she was staying there until they took it in..... and they did.
    As for those self service machines, they seem fairly basic in that you need to actual withdraw cash and lodge it cash again if you want to swap money between accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

vicwatson wrote: »
    If possible, get over to Permanent TSB where you are unlikely to pay ANY charges and they take coin etc etc in ANY TIME OF THE DAY and not when it suits them.

Totally agree … been with PTSB 7 or 8 years and never been charged for my account, never had any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I am rather annoyed by this too. Found out yesterday when lodging my rent into my landlady's account (as I do every Friday) that they will be getting rid of lodgement slips so you will have to transfer the money online which would be okay except that I bank with PTSB and as I am currently awaiting a claim for Disability Allowance I receive my benefits at the post office, I usually just pay the rent straight into her account with the lodgement slips. Now it seems I will have to lodge it to my bank account first and then transfer it to her account, which means it won't reach her account until the following Monday. 

Of course the BOI staff suggested I open an account with them but why would I switch from an account where I have no fees to one where I will have fees for every transaction? And if I were to open an account just to pay my rent, seems I have to make an appointment just to open an account?! I am now reminded why I left BOI in 2006! 

Advertisement