Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few weeks short of qualifying time for BTEA.....is it worth my while applying?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi I applied to return to fulltime education when the CAO opened. my employer had agreed to let me work PT if I gain a place. Now unfortunatley the situation is changing. my employent will be ending shortly as the company have lost the contract. Assuming I don't find other work in the meantime and I do get accepted to a degree course I will not have enough days to qualify for BETA. I will be short by a couple of weeks. Do I just forget about going to college before I've even gotten through the CAO or is there any other options open. I was relying on my job to fund myself through college for the next few years. I won't qualify for redundancy either as will not be there long enough. Anybody able to offer any ideas? Help please, massive panic now that won't be able to either find other part time work which allow me to study or worse still no work at all and short a few weeks to apply for a BTEA. Very stressed potential new mature student.
    Have posted this on another forum as well, any advice appreciated

Advertisement