Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrongly charged for purchase, what should I do?

• 27-01-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I was buying a pair of boots today from a sports shop. They were €45 and I had around 80 in my account. I tried to pay by visa debit but the shop assistant told me something went wrong. I then tried again by the same method and she said this time it was declined for insufficient funds, so I left without the boots or a receipt assuming some delayed charges had gone through my account during the day and I was rejected for insufficient funds both times.

I just checked my online bank statement there and a charge for the boots for 45 did go through today which was why I was rejected the second time. What should I do? Would my bank statement be enough proof that I paid and didn't get the boots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭Leitrim Lady

Hi,
    I'm sure the person serving you will remember the transaction being declined and the shop most probably has CCTV that would show you left empty handed.Give them a buzz tomorrow if you can't get back in straight away just to bring it to their attention.Im sure they've come across this before.
    Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's probably down to a failure in the payment mechanism. Check with your bank to see if the transaction really did go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

If the original charge went through then the company would have a record of the transaction including your name so all you should need to produce is ID. Just call in to them and I am sure that they will sort it for you.

Advertisement