Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do around Claremorris 31st Jan - 2nd Feb

Options
  • 27-01-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

The good lady got us a couple of nights in the McWilliam Park this coming weekend, just wondering if anyone has any insight to anything that might be happening in the area worth heading to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Not much to do around claremorris really. Nice golf course just down the road. If your looking for some nice grub the old arch bar is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

rizzodun wrote: »
    The good lady got us a couple of nights in the McWilliam Park this coming weekend, just wondering if anyone has any insight to anything that might be happening in the area worth heading to?

nathan carter is playing the hotel your staying in.

Id say that's about the height of the entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Westport is only 40 minutes away and it's also fairly close to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Nice swimming pool with steam room etc in the town, horse riding at the equitation centre, if you have transport visit Knock village, 15 mins away, Museum of Country Life in Turlough, Castlebar, 40 mins, or Westport 50mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Cheers guys, I'm bringing the car so I can spin round a bit, despite repeated begging I've been told I'm not allowed bring the bike with us so will just have to 'spend time with her' ugh! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cheers guys, I'm bringing the car so I can spin round a bit, despite repeated begging I've been told I'm not allowed bring the bike with us so will just have to 'spend time with her' ugh! :pac:

Leave her at home and bring the bike

yop wrote: »
    Leave her at home and bring the bike

Brilliant idea, watch out for my next thread "Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Brilliant idea, watch out for my next thread "Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer?"

Hire a bike for her and do the Westport/Achill Greenway.

Hire firms at Westport and Newport. You can arrange pick up and return with them

nuac wrote: »
    Hire a bike for her and do the Westport/Achill Greenway.

Hire firms at Westport and Newport. You can arrange pick up and return with them

I've looked at this already, it's a no-go with herself, especially this time of year, she must be a lizard, thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I've looked at this already, it's a no-go with herself, especially this time of year, she must be a lizard, thanks though.

I take it Mrs Rizzodun does not read the boards :pac:

• Advertisement

signostic wrote: »
    I take it Mrs Rizzodun does not read the boards :pac:

Not the ones I frequent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

LOL.

There's a decent park for a walk - The Land of the Giants.

http://www.mayotrails.ie/claremorris.html

Advertisement