Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transferring my music from windows media player to new ipod

• 27-01-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

How do I do this please? Got new ipod recently and want to synch all my music from my laptop to it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I assume you have itunes installed and setup?

In itunes click file -> Add folder to Library

Then browse to the folder where your Music is stored and select. itunes will then pull all the music in. Once this is done plug in your ipod and and it will sync with itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

I assume you have itunes installed and setup?

In itunes click file -> Add folder to Library

Then browse to the folder where your Music is stored and select. itunes will then pull all the music in. Once this is done plug in your ipod and and it will sync with itunes

HI. I tried this and selected all my music but it would only copy a couple of things. It will take ages to do it bit by bit. Is there a quicker way? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

paddles wrote: »
    HI. I tried this and selected all my music but it would only copy a couple of things. It will take ages to do it bit by bit. Is there a quicker way? Thanks.

Some of your music may not be in the right format for iTunes.

There isn't any quicker way I'm afraid, you have to upload all your music to iTunes to get it on iPod.

Some of your music may not be in the right format for iTunes.

There isn't any quicker way I'm afraid, you have to upload all your music to iTunes to get it on iPod.

How can I check what format the music is?

Wow, will take a long, lonng time for converting 200 plus CDS to Ipod!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Try itools it works a treat on my iPhone no messing around done in minutes.

• Advertisement

wush06 wrote: »
    Try itools it works a treat on my iPhone no messing around done in minutes.

Tried this but it didn't work for my problem ie to synch my music from media library onto my ipod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

paddles wrote: »
    How can I check what format the music is?
    just look at the filename extensions.

Wow, will take a long, lonng time for converting 200 plus CDS to Ipod![/QUOTE]
    You don't know unless you know what the formats are. That's the first step.

Advertisement