Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Size of these pants?(Gotta see this)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Okay...according to the site it's an Italian 50 which is approximately:

Waist: 35.5 inches (90.5 cm)
    Hip: 40.5 inches (103 cm)
    Inseam: 33.5 inches (33.5 cm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

they are very nice.

but are they not trousers? Pants to my mind are underwear.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

amdublin wrote: »
    they are very nice.

The term is often used for trousers too. It's mostly used by Americans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

they are very nice.

You're probably right, but the word trousers is nearly considered an oldfashioned term by some. So it's ironic that I'm being corrected on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Okay...according to the site it's an Italian 50 which is approximately:

Waist: 35.5 inches (90.5 cm)
    Hip: 40.5 inches (103 cm)
    Inseam: 33.5 inches (33.5 cm)
    How did you know that? If only the customer service reps knew that.

If it's that size I won't be buying it. Alos, since I'm a 32W X 34L, I presume there's no size that would correspond to my dimensions??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

they are very nice.

The term is often used for trousers too. It's mostly used by Americans.

And culchies ;) Where I'm from no-one says pants for underwear, before I moved to Dublin I thought only English people said it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

LasTime wrote: »
    You're probably right, but the word trousers is nearly considered an oldfashioned term by some. So it's ironic that I'm being corrected on it

Oh. What's the new fashioned term for them?

ps. I want correcting you. I just thought the thread title was hilarious when I saw it "what size are these knickers?"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 FBee

LasTime wrote: »
    How did you know that? If only the customer service reps knew that.

If it's that size I won't be buying it. Alos, since I'm a 32W X 34L, I presume there's no size that would correspond to my dimensions??

They are a waist 34 so they wouldn't fit unless you get them and get them taken in a bit? That might be an option? Unsure of leg lenght though.

It said on the link you showed that they are an italian size, with the help of google, it says that the waist would then be a size 34!

Advertisement