Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging port broken

Options
  • 28-01-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi just wanted to get an idea of how much it would be to fix a laptop when the charging port just broke. It's a samsung and about four years old and fairly banged up to be fair. The charger is working perfect so I know that's not the issue, using it right now on a really old Samsung model.

If it's too much I may just try and get all the stuff I want off it (notes, music etc) and get the hard drive as an external hard drive. But I'm assuming all my programs like Microsoft Office and Itunes will be gone if I do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Be more specific about the model number!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

are you sure take out battery and see if it works with no battery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its a simple fix , in my local gadget repair shop anyway .

He works on no-fix-no-fee , so you always know how much in advance .

Try someone similar in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Sorry the model is NP-RV511

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The parts are inexpensive, $3.39 on eBay

So you're paying for someone to disassemble the laptop and perform a bit of soldering on the motherboard.

Just a quick google of "laptop dc jack repair dublin" gave the initial link http://www.lynch.ie/computer-repair-prices.html and prices from €60-€90.

Obviously I didn't shop around, but you have the right search term there to start off with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement