Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie to Boards

Options
  • 28-01-2014 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined boards and quite surprised to see some people on this giving out that I posted a thread in the wrong area or posted it twice!

People on this please give new people a chance!

Were not all brilliant on this.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Welcome to the Boards, yes some on the Boards have no manners but I don't bother with them, but the majority will make you feel welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Debs87

that's great to hear!! I wont give up on boards yet !! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

You posted in the wrong forum again!

Ok that's your opinion but this is regarding computing and technology !! so I would believe that this a more appropriate forum!! maybe if u suggest which forum I should, I would take on ur opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Debs87 wrote: »
    Ok that's your opinion but this is regarding computing and technology !! so I would believe that this a more appropriate forum!! maybe if u suggest which forum I should, I would take on ur opinion!

Was joking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

To be helpful I would suggest if you are in a new forum and are not sure, then a read of the forum charter which is stickied at the top of every forum is a must. Actually, if many of the old timers could do with reaquainting themselves too :D

The other thing to realise when interacting on text based forum of any kind is that you don't get the implied humor or emotion which you'd get in a one to one with someone and as you can see, the intended humour above went down like a lead baloon. (yes, a honest and non fatal mistake)

Final hint, almost nobody dies as a result of a posting so don't take anything to heart (yes, there was a little implied humour in there ;))

Oh, and those :) emoticons can help in getting the point across except for the little b*stard of a :rolleyes: which is gauranteed to create havoc wherever its posted. Battles of epic proportions have resulted from the use of him. best stay away but if you do use him and war breaks out, best to get the popcorn and soda, and sit back and watch without interacting because little good comes from his use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hi Everyone,

I have just joined boards and quite surprised to see some people on this giving out that I posted a thread in the wrong area or posted it twice!

Regards,
    You already have a thread about this. I've linked to it below. Please do not start multiple threads about the same subject.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...9#post88648469

You'll have to develop a thicker skin if you regard what was said above as harsh.
    You must also consider that mods in some forums have a lot of nonsense to deal with at times, so they may take a rather abrupt view on things.
    It's all for the benefit of the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Welcome Debs87 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

:)

welcome.png

mordeith wrote: »
    You'll have to develop a thicker skin if you regard what was said above as harsh.
    You must also consider that mods in some forums have a lot of nonsense to deal with at times, so they may take a rather abrupt view on things.
    It's all for the benefit of the forum.
    Thanks for pointing that out to me! very important points there!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks for pointing that out to me! very important points there!:rolleyes:

a58d63e8-73af-11e3-_499536b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Welcome-to-the-jungle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

A few points to make. Text speak is against the rules. Posting in a forum without reading the charter is technically against the rules. Comp & Tech is for discussing things like new technologies etc and not for things like peoples attitude on the internet.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

GarIT wrote: »
    A few points to make. Text speak is against the rules. Posting in a forum without reading the charter is technically against the rules. Comp & Tech is for discussing things like new technologies etc and not for things like peoples attitude on the internet.

Please leave the modding to the mods Gar, thanks.

Welcome to boards.ie Debs. This probably isn't the best place for a welcome post. As above it's mainly for discussing technology related stuff about computers etc.
    Do check out the Newbies & FAQ section for more information on choosing the correct forum :) . I'm going to close the thread here as it's not going anywhere

Nick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement