Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked DSL

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have just moved house - renting - and in my new house there is one telephone socket, Eircom branded. I have plugged an analog telephone into this socket and I don't get a dial tone, which would lead me to believe that there has never been a telephone line connected at this address. From speaking to the landlord, they would be in agreement to the best of their knowledge.

I rang Eircom's moving home department and after finding my address, they informed me that there was DSL active at the address - with another provider. They weren't able to tell me with whom however, and informed me to ring 198000 to find out who the provider was. However, as there's no dial tone, 198000 does nothing.

To the best of my knowledge Eircom does not offer a Naked DSL product, but to disprove that I've also connected a DSL modem to the socket, and it shows as disconnected, which it shouldn't if there was DSL active.

How do I convince Eircom's moving home department that there is no DSL - or indeed phone line - connected at this address???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

testicle wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have just moved house - renting - and in my new house there is one telephone socket, Eircom branded. I have plugged an analog telephone into this socket and I don't get a dial tone, which would lead me to believe that there has never been a telephone line connected at this address. From speaking to the landlord, they would be in agreement to the best of their knowledge.

I rang Eircom's moving home department and after finding my address, they informed me that there was DSL active at the address - with another provider. They weren't able to tell me with whom however, and informed me to ring 198000 to find out who the provider was. However, as there's no dial tone, 198000 does nothing.

To the best of my knowledge Eircom does not offer a Naked DSL product, but to disprove that I've also connected a DSL modem to the socket, and it shows as disconnected, which it shouldn't if there was DSL active.

How do I convince Eircom's moving home department that there is no DSL - or indeed phone line - connected at this address???
    Hi testicle

Please DM me the address in question and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

PM'd you as requsted

PM'd you as requsted
    Just replied there testicle

Al

*cough*

*cough*
    Hi testicle

I'll be back to you soon,

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Al,

I sent you a PM yesterday on this, I was wondering if you got it.

Hi Al,

I sent you a PM yesterday on this, I was wondering if you got it.
    Hi testicle

Just replied now, apologies for the delays

Al

PM'd you on this Al. The line was activated over the weekend.

PM'd you on this Al. The line was activated over the weekend.
    Great stuff, I've PM'd you in reply

Al

Advertisement