Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e cigs discussed on Liveline Joe Duffy

Options
  • 28-01-2014 1:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭

E cigs are being discussed on Liveline on almost weekly basis.

Today again, interesting discussion, but with too few sensible callers pro vaping.
    Dont have a link to hand.

I sensed a slight anti bias all round, anyone else hear it (Monday's show)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

"Sure they dont even be regulated Joe, and da kids do be smoking dem Joe, and I heard the juice is made of p1ss Joe"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

They(the few)can say what ever they like against, but even to hear one person yes just one, on our lovely planet argue against anything that replaces the filthy,dirty, smelly, numerous disease causing, cancer killing tobacco cigarette!! makes me wonder about their sanity, and I seriously think 'that' person should be taken into a secure medical facility.... Anyway I obviously don't agree with anyone starting to ingest nicotine, but if a person has a nicotine addiction, then I wholly recommend an electronic (e-cig)device.... Arguments against are really starting to get my goat, I'm trying to figure out WTF part off 'I've quit the dreaded weed' are they not getting.... LIKE TOBACCO CIGARETTES ARE THE BIGGEST KILLER ON EARTH......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    "Sure they dont even be regulated Joe, and da kids do be smoking dem Joe, and I heard the juice is made of p1ss Joe"

That's not far off the mark. One fool he had involved in what was essentially an ambush attempt, starting harping on about strawberry flavoured heroin FGS! lol.

They had 'guests' 3-1 against, thankfully they allowed 2 more pro-vapers on to restore some balance, only after they allowed the idiot-know-nothings too much air time sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eirewhite

I find it really frustrating and dis heartening, all of this anti e-cig malarkey. Especially when alot of the people against e-cigs have little knowledge and alot of them never smoked. Like that programme on itv last week. Why cant somebody just stand up and say look we know there a relativly un known entity and were not saying they are "healthy" but they are a HELL of a lot less un-healthy than cigarettes!
    Vaping is the only thing that worked for me. I smoked for 11 years and never could get off them for more than a few days. If they over restrict or ban this i honestly cant find the words to describe how its going to make me feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

I was smoking 40 a day been smoking 30 years have tried everything to give up cigarettes nothing worked until I tried e cigs. Only been vaping about 7 or 8 weeks now. Its been the longest period I managed to stay off cigarettes. Can't believe it my self sometimes.

What I fear is out of ignorance and spite or even loss of revenue that the e cig will be priced out of the market or so difficult to get equipment and juice that will have no other option but return to the 40 a day cancer sticks.

So far im seeing many debate that they should be treated like cigarettes and banned from public places. At present I don't smoke them in work or in shops bars and coffee shops although I would like this option. I fear the next step will be treating e cigs as cigarettes then its the slipply slop of taxes controlled distribution and little incentives to switch over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yeah it will all go dark in that case. "Psst, want any kanthal or ecowool bud?"

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

If the suggested regulations go ahead , am i right in thinking they wont be enforced until 2016.

And if so will you try to ween your self down to 0 mg by then ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Evil Robot

I can't listen to that man anymore. He is so disconnected its frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

masonchat wrote: »
    If the suggested regulations go ahead , am i right in thinking they wont be enforced until 2016.

And if so will you try to ween your self down to 0 mg by then ?.

Won't have to go that low, up to 20mg will still be available. We'll just have to buy more packaging as it will only be sold in 10ml bottles with boxes and leaflets.
    Silly rule but easily overcome, 5 bottles in a box mix n match or themed flavours or all the same multi-pack. All this will do is increase the landfill.

Current vapers wont be all that effected, except by the hidden regs, taxes and inclusion in smoking bans. Smokers will be the biggest looser as they will be denied information, increased cost, and have the incentive to switch removed.

Advertisement